‘ello everyone!

Options
My name is Amanda and I’m 20 years old. I’m currently at the heaviest weight I’ve ever been at. I gained 25lbs since February ‘08, and I feel absolutely horrible about it. I always seem to give up before I even lose any weight. I’m tired of making excuses; I need to get healthy. I had pictures taken of me in my bikini two days ago to see how I really look. They were dreadful and I’m embarrassed that I’ve let myself gain so much weight. I am taking a month long trip to Italy in May and am hoping to lose around 20lbs before hand. Hopefully through this site I can find the motivation that I always seem to lack going into eating healthy and exercising. Also, my biggest problem is my love for chocolate. It doesn’t help that I have 10 boxes of it staring at me from Valentine’s day. Oh, what to do?

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Throw the chocolate out, bring it to work or donate to a children's home.
  • ladybug220
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it! I love chocolate too, but please do yourself a favor by giving that chocolate away. Or at least sharing it with some others, that way you won't end up eating it all by yourself...

Italy! That's so exciting! I was there two summers ago, it was beautiful!
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Hello there..

Firstly welcome to a great site that really does help (if you really want to lose the weight). I too have a soft spot for chocolate and like the others you have to get rid of it. I have tried the "I'll just have a small piece as a treat" method and it does not work. I cannot stop until allthe chocolate has gone. Now I do not even buy the stuff. Only yesterday at work there was a large box of chocolates being offered around and it was difficult to resist, but I did :happy: :happy: . I also find that haveing a real incentive helps when trying to lose the weight. I am going on vacation in about 3 months and I want to look "good" and feel comforatable walking along the beach or just sitting at the pool. I have about another 10-15 pounds that I want to lose and if I can lose it at one pound a week then I will be happy and I WILL reach my target.

Good luck to you (and others) with reaching your goal.
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think it's one foot in front of the other when it comes to losing weight. I try to look at the big picture and think healthy.

I would suggest you give most of the choclate away, if not all. Invest in some good dark choclate and have a little piece of that once and a while. Also, go exercise and see how much working out it takes to burn off one peice or a bar. I was rather shocked the first time I did that. It changes how I feel about certain foods.

Best of luck to you on your new journey.