I'm gonna need all the support I can get :)

Options
Hey everyone, I am 34 and live in Florida. I am new to this, well probably been on it a week or so, but I really hope I'm able to do this, I need to loose a LOT of weight and trying to set small goals, and hopefully that will help me. Right now one of my goals is to loose 20 lbs by July because I have a wedding to go to, then after that i'm going to set another goal, if anyone has great advise for me like exercise or dieting I can sure use it. I have migraines so it's hard for me to go outside and take a walk or run or something because it triggers my migraines. Anyone have any advise or have the same problems I do? Thank you so much

Denise

Replies

• campbell1240
    Options
    Denise, dont focus on the big picture, take one day, one meal, or one snack at a time. Trust me, the weight will come off. Think of it as a lifestyle change, not as an effort to drop 20 Lbs!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I never had had the outside trigger a migraine but I do get them and OUCH! Maybe try workout DVD's, tehy even having ones where you walk in place in your house so they have them for all fitness levels.
    Take it all in stride, remember that the Tortoise won the race not the Hare! Best of luck on your journey to a new you!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I agree with campbell1240. Just take it one day at a time. As my husband put it, the days will go by either way, so you might as well take advantage of them! Can't tell you how many times I've looked back and said "if I'd only started dieting last November, I'd be much farther along!" Now it's February, and I don't want to wish I'd started now when looking back later! :) I'm only 2 weeks in, but can already tell a difference. Stick with it, and good luck!!!
  • Lilmrsbardeen
    Options
    thanks, Well with the support on here and my husband that is very supportive, I believe I can do it :) Yeah my migraines are a pain in the BUTT...I do have the wii fit and that works out great....i also have a cardio workout that helps out a lot too, my problem is motivation too..lol i have to be in the mood to exercise. I hope you don't mind me adding you as friends.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Honored to be your friend! Motivation IS hard....just remember how much better you feel after!
  • Atomaszewski
    Options
    Hello,
    Just like eveyone has said so far, one day at a time. I also find it hard sometimes to get motivated and just do the excercise. Hopefully by setting small goals and using tools such as my fitnesspal it will make it easier. I live in South Florida also. If you would like you can add me as a friend and we can keep each other motivated
    Have a great week!
    This time we're going to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!