conversations with yourself

Options
If you’re just starting your weight-loss journey, what questions would you ask your future self? Or, if you’ve successfully lost weight, how would you thank your former self for starting the journey? If you could have a conversation with your future or former self, what would you say?

Replies

• ttoftwo
    ttoftwo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself I'm worth something. I owe it to myself, and my 7 month old, to be strong and healthy. I don't have to be stuck in this fat, flabby, weak body. Change is hard, but I think looking back and wishing you hadn't quit would be harder. These 60 pounds will not be my chains any more.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Dear past self, PUT DOWN THE CANNOLI
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Dear past self, PUT DOWN THE CANNOLI

:laugh:

Dear self from November 2011:

Suddenly you got this burst of energy out of nowhere. Thank you so much for seizing that moment by the throat and searching for a weight loss site, and finding MFP, and using XBox Kinect until you barfed. And then going back and doing it again!

And thank you so much for starting to walk, even though your back hurt, your knee hurt, and you huffed and puffed like a sick cow all up and down the street in the cold and the darkness.

And thank you so much for not giving up even when you goofed up and even when what had been working stopped working. Instead you looked around and found something new that did work.

Thank you so much for believing in yourself when I know (because I was you) how hopeless everything felt.

Now we're going to take over the world, self. Hope you're ready!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    That I am worth it, I'm worth something. I know that I am doing this for me and that I am gaining confidence and combating my depression that has consumed me for 4 years (I have situational depression with anxiety that is due to stress at home as well as dealing with the losses of family members, moving, getting married, having a child etc, basically I have a hard time adjusting to change, as well as mild post partum depression). I see my almost 1 year old and think he deserves a mom that is healthy and not dying by the time he is 20. I look at my husband and think he deserves a wife that is healthy and fit.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Dear Self,
    You are not weak.learn to control your emotions! Be a man ffs!
  • DebraMercer
    Options
    Dear future self

Don't give up like last time and have to start over again. It's quite a bummer to have to start again, but I know that I can do it , I did it the first time, but this time its for good.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Dear past self,
    Slow and steady wins the race.
    Dont increase your weekly milage by more than 10%. dont walk any faster than you did yesterday.
    You may feel fine now but you know you're going to be in agony in the middle of the night if you do.

Oh and start working on your glutes and core.

And say no to the cakes, its just not worth it.
    If you do these simple things you will lose 13 kgs in a year and be. 2 dress sizes smaller.

And your knees wont hurt unless you over do it. :drinker: