I wish I was an Olympic athlete!

Options
I found this interesting article today that profiles "a day in the life" of several different Olympic athletes. Their days are amazing- exhausting for sure! I wish I could ditch my job, and make working out and training my job! :smile:

Kind of makes you have a greater appreciation for those that are standing on the medal stand, as well as those that miss their chance for a medal. 4 long years of the routines they describe is amazing!

Check it out:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KGB/is_6_5/ai_n6110821/?tag=content;col1

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thanks girl! I'd love to live my life like Deena Kastor and it was good to hear that she lifts weights, I think a lot of runners are scared of that... ok I'm off to go quit coaching and school... hahaha

~Leahs :heart:
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I wish I could ditch my job, and make working out and training my job! :smile:

Why cant you? You can be a personal trainer or a fitness instructor. It's always been my dream job. Im working on MY fitness to be able to teach others.

PS....I LOVE the Olympics too. ALL the athletes are so inspirational!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options

Why cant you? You can be a personal trainer or a fitness instructor. It's always been my dream job. Im working on MY fitness to be able to teach others.

One word: MONEY! I'd LOVE to- in fact, I thought about going back to school and becoming a dietician or a fitness instructor since I already have a Master's in education and love teaching. But, I'm still in huge debt from college, so I can't take on more right now. Darn money... gets in the way of everything! :grumble:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome...I always thought it would be amazing to be a gymnast. Of course I was never really talented in that department ;) I was watching the women's figure skating last night and was jealous...they're so talented and fit! How cool would it be to excel at something that few excel at...:ohwell:
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

One word: MONEY! I'd LOVE to- in fact, I thought about going back to school and becoming a dietician or a fitness instructor since I already have a Master's in education and love teaching. But, I'm still in huge debt from college, so I can't take on more right now. Darn money... gets in the way of everything! :grumble:

Ain't that the truth! I know what you mean. Im researching the certification now so I know how much I have to save up. The good thing is, since starting on MFP I haven't spent any money on eating out at restaurants so Im saving SOME money right there.

It'll come...Im not in any hurry. The dream of ditching my customer service job and being a PT keeps me going.
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Good article.