New here, need help!

Options
I'm so lost and don't know what to do. I'm a 21 year old girl thats always battled with self image. I'm tired of assuming that everyone is looking at me because I'm a fat chick. I just wanna be a pretty woman, not the FAT GIRL! I currently just want to emotionally eat, but I know there's no benefits in doing that...

Replies

• Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Try reading this thread, it'll help you get further along.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Sammylynn89
    Sammylynn89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    you got this! :)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options

Definitely this!

Also, don't be in a hurry to drop weight super fast. Take your time to do it in a slow and healthy way.

You can do it!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    You can add me if you want you just seem to need some motivation
  • phillipspage
    phillipspage Posts: 25 Member
    Options

This. MFP is a good starting point, but read this and get the spreadsheet going. I know how you feel, though. Your reasons for getting fit are some of mine, as well. Feel free to add me and we can support each other and I'll help if I can!
  • EManah11
    EManah11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lets help one another stay accountable :) add me!!!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Ah, I feel for you. Building success would help your esteem, most certainly. Start working on eating more healthily and working out, baby steps. And don't beat yourself up if you have minor slips, just pick up and continue on.
  • LitlRed1
    LitlRed1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it! We are our own worst enemy when it come to weight loss and feeling better about ourselves. When I feel the need to indulge in foods because of anger, stress, bored, etc., I find it helpful to have fruits and veggies in single servings quickly available. I have vowed to start 2013 with FitnessPal to track my progress and keep on track for healthier eating habits. Feel free to add me to your listing!
    Good luck!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    every morning before i start my day, i go to the success stories of this message board, and stalk the before and after pictures. Its gives me extra motivation for THAT DAY... just take it one day at a time, youll see results! You have to stay motivated!!!
  • katieingram2013
    Options
    I joined this afternoon, starting my diet tomorrow. Add me so we can support each other. Feeling quite positive right now but know that will change!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I joined this afternoon, starting my diet tomorrow. Add me so we can support each other. Feeling quite positive right now but know that will change!

Nothing breeds success like success. Once you lose some, it will motivate you to keep going---especially if you feel good while doing it (nothing sabotages a diet faster than feeling lousy). I have discovered a couple of things: 1) cutting out wheat and sugar caused me to feel so much better and allowed me to eat larger amounts of more nourishing substances. 2) Going on a fast from fructose (for just two weeks--then I will add one or two servings of fruit per day back into my diet) has made my energy levels zoom. It has to do with the bio-chemical derangement that consuming sugar---(table sugar, known as "sucrose," is 50% fructose) has caused to our ability to handle fructose. When you cut all forms of fructose out for a couple of weeks, it resets the levels of fructokinase and helps you in your appetite control and fat-loss. But if you ever go back to eating more than 25 grams of fructose in a day (the amount in a couple of servings of fruit more or less) you risk getting the Sugar Monster back on you again. (One can of soda has about 60 grams of fructose, btw.)
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I friended some of you! I'm not exactly very acclimated with this site, so I didn't know how to see if anyone replied to my posts! Lol! And I apologize if I'm not hip to all the terms and etiquette, etc. on here!