Question about logging work!

Options
Okay so I am BACK after being gone for a while and gaining back all my lost weight. All my fault, so I am taking my weight back into my hands!

Anyways, I have a question about logging my work and I was hoping someone could help. I am put in the system as sedentary because I am a student during the week at teacher's college, so it's mostly sitting in class, sitting in the library or sitting on my desk at home. Boring. I don't count my walks to and from class because it's like 8 minutes. BUT! I just got a new job on weekends working at a movie theatre again.... and I'm on my feet for my whole shift, usually wandering around, sometimes running to clean theatres, sometimes just standing doing NOTHING. But I know it would burn quite a few calories more standing/walking around for 5 hours than sitting. So does anyone know how I should log this, so I'm not under-eating? Like maybe as walking at a really slow pace for like, half my shift time? I don't even know. I won't change my settings because the rest of the time I am not nearly as active... just my work shifts.

Help! Thanks! Also, happy new year :)

Replies

• Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    I'd suggest a cheapo pedometer. Then you can log the distance walked, which is better than nothing!
  • loria508
    loria508 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do hairdressing 2 days a week, about 8-10 hrs. I still will get up early and go walking for exercise, to log it in. I have thought about seeing my steps, but havent, I figure we are all moving around somehow during the day. If your just coming back to it, maybe it is a good way to get your exercise in.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I would say you're not sedentary. I would adjust to "lightly active", try for a few weeks and see if you lose at the rate expected. If not, you can adjust from there. Even though you're not active on your other days, the "sedentary" option doesn't really describe your lifestyle.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Unless you are walking briskly all the time then you probably aren't burning a significant amount of calories. I wouldn't log it at all especially if you're looking for calories to eat. Unless you see weight dropping off at an alarming rate I'd chalk it up to being a bonus toward your goal.