Raspberry Ketones? What's your fave supplement?

Options
My boss has been telling me for months about ketones and how it was on Dr.Oz and blah blah blah. She swears by it and says she's lost tons of weight without exercising, and she has more engery etc. To be honest, I haven't seen DRASTIC differences in her, but I don't know how committed she is to taking it, or what she looks like underneath her clothes since as her wardrobe hasn't changed.
Now I don't think there's a magic pill that's going to make you shed pounds, but I would be interesed in taking something supplementary to diet and exercise.
Has anyone used ketones? And if not, what's a good NATURAL supplement for weight loss?

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    forget the ketones and all the other "get thin quick" schemes out there.

weight loss isn't hard, it just takes patience.

eat less, move more.

building your body with strength training is where you'll find the work is harder, but even more rewarding.

check out the Eat, Train, Progress group here if you want to get started doing this the right way and not depriving yourself of foods that you may want to eat on occasion.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

regarding supplements, you'll only need those if your diet doesn't provide enough essential nutrients. often, this ends up being protein, so you'll see many people who have started working on their muscular fitness add in protein shakes to their diet.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    forget the ketones and all the other "get thin quick" schemes out there.

weight loss isn't hard, it just takes patience.

eat less, move more.

building your body with strength training is where you'll find the work is harder, but even more rewarding.

check out the Eat, Train, Progress group here if you want to get started doing this the right way and not depriving yourself of foods that you may want to eat on occasion.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

regarding supplements, you'll only need those if your diet doesn't provide enough essential nutrients. often, this ends up being protein, so you'll see many people who have started working on their muscular fitness add in protein shakes to their diet.
    ^What he said.
    I find it difficult to meet my protein goals without whey, but I hardly even consider it a supplement at this point, it's more like a regular part of my diet.
  • AzaleaNicole38
    AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input!
    I thought it might have some validity since as it was on Dr.Oz, but he seems like a crackpot doctor anyhow -_-
    Can't believe everything you hear on tv!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input!
    I thought it might have some validity since as it was on Dr.Oz, but he seems like a crackpot doctor anyhow -_-
    Can't believe everything you hear on tv!

nailed_it-s240x320-227191.jpg