when can i start exercises after c-section?

hi, my boy is 2 months old right now, i have to loose somime kilos desperately! starting a 1000kcal diet, and... what about exc? bike is ok? something else? any ideas, experiences?
thanks!

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    hi, my boy is 2 months old right now, i have to loose somime kilos desperately! starting a 1000kcal diet, and... what about exc? bike is ok? something else? any ideas, experiences?
    thanks!

up the intake to 1200-1500 cal MINIMUM, more if you are breastfeeding.

Walking, jogging, elliptical, bike should be OK.

If you are going to do anything else, check with with your OB/gyn first to make sure you are totally healed.
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Six weeks is plenty. Pushups situps two mile run. Pt pt is so much fun!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    This is a question for a doctor, not a bunch of people who often give bad advice on a weight loss forum! I wouldn't dare answer this question, even if I had 17 c-sections!
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Please check with your MD. I would also ask the MD about the wisdom of a 1000cal diet. He/she will probably want you to eat more especially if you are breastfeeding.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    This is a question for a doctor, not a bunch of people who often give bad advice on a weight loss forum! I wouldn't dare answer this question, even if I had 17 c-sections!

this but I think walking is good for anyone and also 1000 calories a day is not enough!!!!!!
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    This is a question for a doctor, not a bunch of people who often give bad advice on a weight loss forum!

AMEN!!! Ask your doctor!!
  • Thickchicapes40
    Thickchicapes40 Posts: 20 Member
    Make sure you consult your doctor first, dont want to do anything that would cause any harm to yourself or the healing process.