Embarrassed

Options
2»

Replies

• Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've lost the same amount of weight 5 times in my life. I think you have to get to a point of rock bottom.. there is no quick fix..it has to be a complete life style change...that may sound lame...but it's true!

But baby steps help! You cant cut soda..and work out daily all in the same week and not expect a burn out. You didnt gain it all in one day...you cant expect it to come off over night...really the slower the better..because you learn the tools to maintain your weight loss!

Take one goal...do it..for a week...then add the next and the next...

Good luck!! :heart: :heart:
  • betsy179
    Options
    I have been their also. I lost 115 lbs. only to gain everything back and more. I top out around 260. My current weight is 184 so I am on the right track agin. Just set small goals for your self. If you like you can add me as friend we can do this together. Don't worry about others the pass is the pass. Its a new year, new day. I know you can do it:flowerforyou:
  • skinnygrlerica
    skinnygrlerica Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree here. I think the one thing that I have changed this time around is that I refuse to beat myself up over small, insignificant slip ups. The epic fail that got me to what I weigh now isn't ONE day of bad eating... it was YEARS of bad eating. I won't fail this time cause I "failed' and had pizza with my kids. I'll fail if I don't log it and keep myself aware of what's going into my body.

Keep your head up and just stay aware. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Make a choice every day to not feel like you do right now ever again!. I had to make this choice last January. It's hard, it wont be easy , but nothing you really want is ever easy! You can do it!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I think my major issue is the feeling that I have to feed to growing boys tons of food so then I of course join in. These guys eat 24/7 and even though I do not keep junk food in the house...2 Bowls of Cheerios is not healthy either. I also have to give up Soda! I used to hate it and then boys got old enough to want it and so I keep it and it is an easy grab so now I am hooked on it. I know Everything I need to do I just wish it did not feel like getting ready for a root canal.

You don't have to change everything at once. I had to cut things back slowly. I drank 4 or more frappucinos a day (the kind that come in the bottle) before I started :blushing: I quickly got tired of not being able to eat very much to allot for those calories. I cut it to 3, then 2, then 1, then none over about 2 months. I also had to cut back on creamer in my coffee. I did it much the same way. Same with other habits. But I still lost 17 pounds in those first 2 months by sticking to the plan. It would have been too much too soon if I tried to quit all these deeply ingrained habits all at once; I'm sure I would have quit as it would have been overwhelming to me.