Friends who like to cook?

Options
Hi all. I've been here for awhile but I could always use more friends. I'm especially looking for friends who like to cook a lot.

Where I live there's an endless variety of temptations when it comes to eating out: massive breakfast burritos, Korean fried chicken, pan fried dumplings, etc etc. It's been very hard to keep away from those things day to day unless I'm cooking seriously delicious food at home.

I'm somewhat of a novice cook and I lean towards simple but hearty dishes from around the world (especially East Asia, Mexico, and Italy). Things like chorizo and white bean stew, pork braised in tomatillo with homemade tortillas, Korean tofu soup, and simple roasts and braises.

I'd love to have some like-minded friends for inspiration and for exchanging tips and recipes. Not looking for experts, necessarily, but just people who are interested in cooking or learning to cook delicious things :)

Andi

Replies

• andilion
    andilion Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bumping to try again. I first posted this on New Years Day and it was off the first page almost instantly!

I'm starting a new job soon and I know I'll be tempted to get takeout for dinner all the time, so I really want to keep cooking a priority.
  • mathildapops
    mathildapops Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Andi, I've only been doing this a couple of weeks, I make most of my meals from scratch cos it's a cheaper way to feed my hubby & teenage sons, I'd love to swap recipes & tips :-)