Any good detox/ cleansing diets?

Options
I feel like I need a kickstart to the new year since I've fallen behind a little (a lot) in the past months. Do you guys know of anything that isn't horrific or include a lot of ingredients/ easy easy recipes since I'm on a tight budget? What has your experience been with these sorts of things?

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    just drink more water, limit junkfood and workout for 1 hour 6 days a week
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You don't need to detox, your body naturally does it. It's just a gimmick that has been created by the fitness community to get you to buy more crap.

Aim for 40-50g of fiber a day, if you want, set your macro's to 25/50/25 (c/p/f) and set a moderate calorie deficit - 1lb per week and eat 50% of your exercise calories. After a month or as you feel tired, slowly increase your carbs and decrease your protein intake.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking water with fresh squeezed lemon all day today...and for the rest of the week to clean out my system. It works like a charm and is cheapo. You don't need those pills and powders. Drink water..eat some raw foods...it will happen naturally.
  • angelofmusic54
    Options
    I am going to just start eating clean...lean protein, lots of fruits and veggies. For my body because dairy and bread are not the best, I am going to eliminate them for about a week and then introduce them back in.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Influenza! I lost 3 pounds in one day and my colon is cleaner than it has ever been. ;)
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Influenza! I lost 3 pounds in one day and my colon is cleaner than it has ever been. ;)

Ugh. I was sick for a week and lost 8 lbs, only gained 2 back and have kept the 6 off and it has been over a month and a half now.
    Works but I don't recommend it! :)
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I thnk GNC has some kind of week long cleanse thing involving vitamins. Maybe inquire about that.