Any 50+ losers out there?

Options
Hello,
I am once again trying to lose weight. I want to lose at least 70lbs. I hope to lose more and get to my "ideal weight and BMI", but I will be happy with 70 lbs. and toning this sagging body.I am over the big 5-0 (51 last Sept.) and cannot stand to look at myself in the mirror. I need people to support me and encourage me along the way. Would appreciate any takers, and I will do the same for you!
Tamduff

Replies

• bfeiler
    bfeiler Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good to meet you :)

Goals are totally attainable and we're taking great steps to get there just by signing up on myfitnesspal :) I'd love to lose 65 lbs. Like you, it's not my ideal weight, but it would be so much better than what i'm at now! Good luck with your journey!

Brittany :)
  • putridperrier
    putridperrier Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. Don't stay on your 'down' cycle. Your mood will vary because your diet affects it. Remember that the mirror only shows you part of what you are. Feel free to add me.

Best,

JC
  • M0m49Help
    Options
    Hi! I'm 52 years old and have lost 52.5 lbs in the past 2 years. I hope to lose another 50 this year (I have 100 to go). I haven't been tracking my weight since June 29th, 2012 but only lost 11.7 lbs (almost 2 lbs a month). This Texan could use some encouragement
  • sharonjgarcia
    Options
    I have done the weight yo-yo for years....I have dropped 45 on WW and need something else to get motivated again. My daughter in law said to try this site. I have 15 pounds to go to my first goal...so hang in there. There will be good days and not so good days..learn not to beat your self up on he bad days. Just start new the next. With people it helps to be able to share so hang in there and when you reach your first goal..and that new dress or pants fit, that will put a smile on your face and give you what you need to eat that piece of fruit instead of candsy...Hang in there.
  • roadmapmaker
    roadmapmaker Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hello - just hit 50 in Oct. Never dieted before - ha that was a mistake. Just need new ideas and inspiration! Plus I have no real clue on what balance of foods I need. Add me as a friend.
  • shelby20i
    shelby20i Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site also. New year,, fresh start. Again. I want to lose 50 lbs but want to do it in smaller increments. Seems little easier that way. Any ideas or helpful hints would be awsome and I will try to be supportive too.