Breakfast

Options
What's the perfect breakfast? I'm constantly struggling with hitting my fibre and protein targets. Carbs and fat take care of themselves!

Replies

• hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I think you'll get a lot of different answers about the "perfect breakfast" because that means different things to different people. If you are trying to fill up on protein and fiber, you might try a favorite of mine: Brown some tempeh in a pan then add 2 scrambled eggs. When the eggs are cooked, stir in some pico de gallo or hot sauce and avocado if you need the healthy fats. It is so delicious!
    I also really enjoy hard boiled eggs as a breakfast protein source and oatmeal for the fiber.
    Hope this helps!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters and a slice of whole grain toast or some yogurt
  • johnieC
    johnieC Posts: 38
    Options
    i go with 1/2 cup of egg whites scrambled, 3 pieces of turkey bacon & wrap it up in an "ole extreme wellness " high fiber, low carb tortilla
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I like a Chicken salad! Usually spinach salad with chicken cooked in a hot sauce on top. Super yummy and add a good mixture of veggies and a good dressing! I usually feel so energized after that.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    The perfect breakfast for me is homemade blueberry protein pancakes, those suckers fill me up all day!
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You can buy flax & fiber wheat thin bread, and cook a couple of eggs over medium, protein & fiber...
  • nf1982
    nf1982 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The perfect breakfast for me is no breakfast. I always go over my cal limit when i eat breakfast.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I'm very lazy. :) so maybe a protein milk shake or Greek yogurt and strawberries. Or none at all
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm a cereal addict. A day just can't begin without cereal. I've found several figh-fiber, lower-carb cereals that I like. I have a bowl of cereal and skim milk every day.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt (0 or 2%) fage, and homemade granola. Was eating the kind with fruit, but decided to cut down my sugars. What I eat pretty much everyday anyway. :) Also like scrambled eggs, banana, bacon.
  • DrAJ84
    DrAJ84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Breakfast ideas: ( make some things ahead of time like homemade sausage patties and stick in the freezer)

Kefir smoothie ( add fresh fruit to plain Kefir sweeten with truvia and blend)

Veggie omelet: 4 egg white omelet stuffed with- sautéed mushrooms, onions, green peppers, Parmesan cheese

1/2 grapefruit with Truvia

Make a waffle or pancake ( whatever recipe you use) and add oatmeal, cinnamon to the batter. Eat with fresh fruit, nuts and maple agave

Make a frittata or quiche with lots of veggies: broccoli, spinach, diced tomatoes, lean bacon

Homemade turkey sausage patties- make with ground turkey, garlic powder, onion powder, sage, cumin, basil, pinch of nutmeg, salt, pepper, fennel seed, cumin, egg white

Ham ( or salmon), egg and low fat cream cheese on a toasted whole wheat/ grain bagel

Figs and cream with a side of oatmeal containing nuts and diced apples

1 slice of Whole grain toast with peanut butter and a bowl of fruit

Boiled egg, lean bacon/ sausage, Greek yogurt, slice of toast

Scrambled eggs with salsa, oatmeal with flax seeds

Homemade breakfast burrito loaded with veggies, scrambled egg, lean sausage, etc

Apple, glass of milk, scrambled egg whites on whole grain toast with tomato slice

Ham, egg and low fat cheese on whole wheat mcmuffin or low carb bread option

Sandwich: Peanut butter and banana with maple agave nectar or honey

Egg muffin ( Cook egg in muffin pan with veggies and herbs) top with salsa when done
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats cooked overnight in the crockpot with apples raisins and cinnamon. Filling and delicious. And easy.
  • DrAJ84
    Options
    You can also put the oats/ dried fruit etc in a coffee pot that has a timer. Set it before going to bed and put water in the reservoir. So when you wake up breakfast is done.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg, 2 slices of turkey bacon and a slice of whole wheat toast.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast. It's the one meal of the day that I have to make myself, and I get listless if I can't control what I eat first thing in the morning... So here are some favorites:

* Oatmeal: regular rolled oats with almond milk, half a banana, and a teaspoon of cocoa powder or some cinnamon
    * Berry and banana smoothie with a couple of tablespoons of yogurt. You can use frozen berries in the winter
    * Toast with almond butter. I really like 100% whole rye bread for this
    * Toast with cheese and hard boiled eggs--when I know I will not get to eat again for a while
    * Greek yogurt with berries or banana
    * Green smoothie: spinach, apples, banana, lemon juice, pear, romaine lettuce

Mmm, I can't wait till morning to make breakfast again :)
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Dr wonts me to eat a big breakfast : eggs, meat ,taters, toast ! then very little till supper .I think its a farmer thing :laugh: . It seems to be working . I have had days that I have a Special K Meal bar and an orange [if I'm in a hurry ]
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    skip breakfast

have some good coffee

save those calories for later
  • DrAJ84
    Options
    Skipping breakfast slows the metabolism. You need to keep glucose levels steady and its best to start off with larger meals instead consuming alot at the end of the day. Consuming them during the day earlier will give you more opportunity to burn calories during the day ( rather than eat late and storing it as fat).
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Skipping breakfast slows the metabolism. You need to keep glucose levels steady and its best to start off with larger meals instead consuming alot at the end of the day. Consuming them during the day earlier will give you more opportunity to burn calories during the day ( rather than eat late and storing it as fat).

Oh you!
  • nwon87
    nwon87 Posts: 29
    Options
    The perfect breakfast for me is no breakfast. I always go over my cal limit when i eat breakfast.

It's been said by doctors and nutritionists for years that skipping breakfast is NOT good for you. You need to eat 4-6 small meals a day. I eat 5 a day and manage to hit or stay below 1200 cals a day. I have days where I have to eat something else because you need at the least 1200 cals a day to lose weight in a healthy way and to keep your energy up.