Breast Reduction

Options
I am considering getting one, and have been since I was 16. I want to lose 50 lbs (anymore I look underweight). I am wondering how much your *ahem* girls went down after weight loss? I'm hoping to lose about 6 cup sizes. I am 43 inches around and would like to be 36 inches around.

Replies

• CJene
    CJene Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction - was J cup - but in the years after, gained weight. I don't remember how it went then but recently (10yrs after BR) I went from a 36D/DD to a 32DD/DDD after a 50lbs loss. I think my overall chest measurement went from 45" to 36".

My BR was one of the best things I've done. It completely changed my life and how I felt.
  • Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply! Anyone else have any insights?
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any cup size so far, just all in the band size. I don't really care either way if I loose some boob (I do like them the way they are, but shopping for shirts would sure be easier with smaller ones!). I'm currently a 42 DDD in Canada (which I'm sure is the same as American sizes...)
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I just had mine done November 7th of last year. Couldn't be happier. The only thing that was required by my doctor was to get to the weight I wanted to be at. I was a 38DD and sadly they didn't really go down much. I'm now a 36C and couldn't be any happier. I did wait until I reached my goal weight. He also told me that when he went in, there wasn't a lot of fat in my breast. Which wad due to the fact that I was busting my behind at the gym with heavy weights. :laugh:

Best of luck to you and let me know if you have any questions.

Sheila :flowerforyou:
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    previously when i lost 80lb I went from DDD to D
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I would definitely wait until after you've lost a majority of your weight if at all possible, it would royally suck to go under the knife only to be flat chested after the fact.

I usually gain breast tissue when I start working out, I'm a 50H/I right now and they are super heavy but I refuse to have surgery until after I lose some weight, hoping they'll deflate. hahaha
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Definitely get to the weight you want to be at first because in most cases your breast will deflate a lot and you will have looser skin. When I lost weight in 2005ish I went from a 42 D or DD to a 36 C and it was huge difference.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I had mine done 2 years ago and do NOT reject it for one minute.

I was wearing a 40DDD then lost 50 pounds and was then wearing a 36G in the boutiques, but a 38DD in a regular bra.
    After my surgery I am now wearing a 34/36C. When did they my surgery they only had to remove 1.5 pounds total as all was left of my breasts was tissue - little to no fat.

I say go for it!! I couldn't be happier. Feel free to message me with any questions.

Claudette
  • Rozieq84
    Options
    My bust/band ratio has shfited as I've lost weight. Before I started my weight loss kick I was in a 42 D. Then as I lost the weight, I went to a 42C, then a 40 D, and now I'm in a 38 DD, still not yet at my Goal weight, so it'll likely shift again.

I would definitely say geting moving and grooving on your weight loss plan before your final assesment to have B.R. surgery, because you might like where they wind up (plus with strength training even tho they might still be big, they may look a LOT different). Plus, I think that surgery should be a last resort option in any case.

Good luck to you :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i had one when i was 19. at the time i was 30KK. i went down to a DD cup but when I gained weight they came back.

Now that I'm losing weight again, I'm not losing cup size but i'm losing in the band which means technically my cup size is increasing.

anyway my point is, wait until you have lost all the weight you want to see what happens. it's possible that you will lose a lot of the girls, but i think generally if you have the tendency to be full busted (small band size/ large cup size) rather than full chested (large band and med ot large cup) then you won't lose much in your cup size.

when i had my reduction i was 18-20% body fat so i'm fairly certain i wont lose much cup wise although it would be nice if i could lose down to a DDD by the time i'm done
  • teeright
    teeright Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think I went from about 44" to 36" with weight and exercise, and my breasts were still DD, but they were mostly extra skin, and hung way down. My doctor said I almost didn't have enough tissue left in them to qualify for a breast reduction (in Canada, our medical plan will pay for a breast reduction if there is about a 1 lb of butter amount in each breast to remove), so most of what I had was a skin removal, and it was the best thing I ever did. Even now that I've gained a significant amount of my weight back, my breasts are still a C, and look great. I don't really gain much in them anymore.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I always hear that the chest area is the first to go in weight loss..... but I'm kinda giving up on that myth lol. Maybe it's cause I'm not overly overweight, just borderline (I was 165 when I started, now am 148 with 32 F). So with 17 lbs lost I am 1/2 way to my ideal weight but have MAYBE gone down 2 inches in the bust. I was hopeing they would go down more, but they won't shrink dame it!!!! :sad:
  • OliveRiver
    OliveRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've always been a 34/36, but my cup size has changed a lot.
    I used to be a D in high school, but got pregnant and my daughter directly after graduating, so that took me up to an E. I lost all that after having her and breastfeeding for 3 months, so now I'm a 34C, which I couldn't be happier about since it's actually smaller than I was beforehand. However, I was totally set on getting a reduction if they didn't go down!
    But I would like to have some excess skin removed. It kind of sucks having granny tits at 20, haha.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm down 50 lbs and have lost 2 band sizes and about a half a cup size. I've heard that cup size is more likely to go down when you make it to the toning stage. I still have 40-50 lbs of weight loss to go. I've always wanted to get a reduction. I'm thinking after I make my goal weight and have gotten muscle tone I'll be able to reassess. It really sucks for working out though. They literally get in the way whenu do yoga :-( I understand where you're coming from.
  • Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi this is an update from the OP. So I finally got that BR and I'm 6 weeks post op. I hadn't lost weight prior to getting it which is strongly recommended but I feel (and look!) a lot better. They removed 3.5 lbs off my chest! I am just about to start a running routine because I've been given the okay to resume regular activity. I had almost zero pain and stopped narcotics 2 days post op. NO REGRETS. Should have done it sooner. Now I'm praying that with my intended weight loss I won't need a second surgery. But my surgeon said that even if these new boobs become deflated they will still look way better than what I had before.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ive lost 70 pounds in the past year (30 more to go) and went from a 44DD to a 38C currently.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    68 lbs down here, 22 to go (maybe 27). I've gone from a 38 J to a 36 H. I believe at goal I will wear a 36 F / DDD

@callsitlikeiseeit we're almost weight loss twins.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    @Auzziedoggie Congrats on your successful surgery. I totally wish I could afford one right now. I'm very happy for you! Running will be much easier now.
  • PhoenyxRose
    PhoenyxRose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm confused? How big are you cup wise if you don't mind me asking? Cuz I have a 42" bust and an only a C.
  • Kittyy1994
    Kittyy1994 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Boobs are very heavy! My bf and I did an experiment where I hopped in the scales and he held my boobs (taking the weight off) and I went down 5kg!!!!!