Any Vitamins to help with weight loss out there?

Options
Hey guys, I just had a query about Vitamins.

I'm basically taking Swisse ultivite for women (Multivitamins) and Swisse Iron tablets, but I also wanted to know if there is a kind of vitamin that can help aid to weight loss on the market. Something to help decrease appetite would be a main winner. I'm on a very healthy diet too, but just something that will help me that little bit more would be amazing.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I just had a query about Vitamins.

I'm basically taking Swisse ultivite for women (Multivitamins) and Swisse Iron tablets, but I also wanted to know if there is a kind of vitamin that can help aid to weight loss on the market. Something to help decrease appetite would be a main winner. I'm on a very healthy diet too, but just something that will help me that little bit more would be amazing.

Vitamins are essential for good health and function. Supplements used to suppress appetite don't teach you how to control how you eat. That's a discipline thing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    no
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Vitamins don't really affect your appetite, they just help the body work more effectively and stave off diseases of deficiency. TBH if you eat a balanced nutritious diet there is absolutely no evidence that a multivitamin/ mineral is any use at all, and randomly taking individual ones can do more harm than good by setting up imbalances. If you want to curb your appetite eat more protein, water and fibre rich foods, especially your nine servings of low sugar fruits and non starchy vegetables, healthy fats especially long chain omega-3s little and often.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    I suggest you keep doing what your doing, just be patient. The only thing I've heard that works is a product called alli, but apparently you have to carry around a diaper with you.:smile:
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    B vitamins are good especially B12 just for metabolism
  • l2ashella
    Options
    I know fish oil pills are good for you also c:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    B vitamins are good especially B12 just for metabolism
    B12 is important for metabolism, but supplementing more of it won't increase it. If you're deficient in B12 your metabolism may be affected more.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Turtlesallthewaydown
    Options
    Fiber can help you fell fuller but it's best to get it from foods instead of supplements. I do supplement my fiber intake with benafiber or metamucil on days when I do not get enough. Just do be careful; a sudden spike in fiber supplements makes for an uncomfortable tummy so go very gradually.
  • Clauduchinno
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys, I guess the best thing to do would be to leave the vitamins alone and keep doing what I'm doing!