Water

karmasBFF
karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So I am usually on my 10 cup of water by now....I'm on 5.

And I cannot stop eating!! I cannot stop thinking about eating!!

Any relation??? Seems to me like its a DIRECT RELATIONSHIP! What do you think?

Replies

• catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    I think so, if I don't drink my water I definitely feel like I need to nibble. I think for me it's a psychological thing, for so many years I just ate whatever, whenever, so I'm used to the hand to mouth thing. Water satisfies it, so I am not physically hungry, but more emotionally hungry if that makes sense.
  • I completely understand!!! I sit at work/home/basically anywhere...counting down the hours until my next meal!!! I drink water and chew gum to prevent me from eating just because...
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    This exact thought has crossed my mind several times before, which is why I make sure that I ALWAYS drink my water!!!
    I'm with you, there has to be a direct correlation :happy:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    People are different - for myself – I know for a fact that drinking water does not curb my appetite or make me less hungry – I’ve tried that theory and it does not work for me.

It may be different for you though. Some people say drinking water helps curb their appetite. If you usually drink 10 glasses by now and only drank 5 – it could be the water. It could be stress. It could be anything. Why don’t you either eat or drink more water?? Nothing wrong with eating. Lol.
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    I posted this before. But I was told by someone that gave me advice on my weight loss and basically they said that sometimes when you THINK you're hungry, its actually just your body saying you're thirsty. So just continue to drink up... *going to go get my liter out of the work freezer now* lol
  • karmasBFF
    People are different - for myself – I know for a fact that drinking water does not curb my appetite or make me less hungry – I’ve tried that theory and it does not work for me.

It may be different for you though. Some people say drinking water helps curb their appetite. If you usually drink 10 glasses by now and only drank 5 – it could be the water. It could be stress. It could be anything. Why don’t you either eat or drink more water?? Nothing wrong with eating. Lol.
    Oh no, of course not!!! LOL That is how I got here! By eating eating eating!...It must be the water, though, because I am already on cup 8 and I'm not hungry....I'm actually pretty full!
  • My doctor says that water absolutely helps with hunger - it gives you the feeling of being full plus it helps with the oral fixation. So I think there is a physical and a psychological aspect.
  • For me it is simple. Since I started this plan, if I don't get my water, I know it. I feel different. I am so not a water drinker so what I do to ensure drink it is this. There is no way I would get up to get a bottle of water 8 times in the day. I don't like water than much. So I grab two bottles at a time and make sure I finish them regardless. 4 times and I met my goal of a gallon per day. If I don't drink water but drink soda, then I am feeling hungry and want to eat anything. With water, I can stick to my meal plans.
  • karmasBFF
    For me it is simple. Since I started this plan, if I don't get my water, I know it. I feel different. I am so not a water drinker so what I do to ensure drink it is this. There is no way I would get up to get a bottle of water 8 times in the day. I don't like water than much. So I grab two bottles at a time and make sure I finish them regardless. 4 times and I met my goal of a gallon per day. If I don't drink water but drink soda, then I am feeling hungry and want to eat anything. With water, I can stick to my meal plans.

Exactly! I have a 33oz water bottle, which is 4cups (right?? I hope!! LOL) I fill this twice to make my goal and then I keep going...my skin is sooo clear now, I hold longer between meals and I know I'm flushing all that darling sodium I love!
  • For me if I don't drink the amount of water my body is used to I nibble like crazy. I think I mistake the want for food for the want for water because I am used to getting a certain amount during the day. My doctor also told me that sometimes when I feel hungry I may actually be thirsty.
  • EmmyBee
    EmmyBee Posts: 54 Member
    I have really noticed differences in my skin too with the more water I drink. Clearer, not so dry etc. Plus I am more full between meals and can avoid snacking...YES!!:happy:
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Exactly! I have a 33oz water bottle, which is 4cups (right?? I hope!! LOL) I fill this twice to make my goal and then I keep going...my skin is sooo clear now, I hold longer between meals and I know I'm flushing all that darling sodium I love!

I do the same! Great minds think alike. However, I've been a bad, bad girl lately when it comes to my water intake... trying to do better today!
This discussion has been closed.