Newbie looking for friends!

Options
Dakryn
Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
Hi everyone... This is a new start for me! I'm five feet tall and weigh in at 139...just need to be able to fit in my jeans again and out of the sweats!!! I'm 34, mother of three...I stay at home and I've become lazy... I live in a small town and the closest gym is 25 miles away, so my dear husband bought me an elliptical machine, a treadmill, and a step for aerobics, which I'm starting step aerobics tomorrow!!! Can't wait!!! Since I've been working out for almost a week now and watching what I eat, I realize I'm not so tired anymore...and I'm happy, which is not like me, I'm usually grouchy, just a little... But I feel like a whole new person...
We go camping, hiking, fishing quite a bit... I'm also the treasurer for my kids PTA!!! I have 2 huge dogs, which sleep with me while my significant other is at work... I'm so looking forward to this year!!! Thanks for reading and Happy New Year to all of you!!!

Replies

• emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    (Yaaay! Montana! I'm in Missoula.)

That's so awesome that you've got such a great "gym" set up in your home. You've got an advantage with that one - You can do it!

I'm just starting out, too - just trying to feel better in my own skin at this point. And, if I can drop 20-ish lbs ... so be it. :)
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hey Cascade and Missoula, I am in Helena :-) Welcome to MFP it has been a huge benefit to me. Feel free to add me if you want.