Changing for good. Please help me.

Options
Hello,

My name is Ethan, and I'm an 18 year old male. Weight has always been an issue, and this is yet another new year where my "New Year resolution" has been the same -- to lose weight. Over the years, I have tried many times to lose weight. Dieting and exercising weren't the problem. I've came to the conclusion that it's my lack of motivation. I'll get 2-3 months into losing weight and I'll just stop. I'll wake up one day and have no drive whatsoever to continue. And I won't. Then months later I'll say "Dude, you really need to pick it back up", and the process repeats.

I need a friend; a supporter; and most importantly a motivator. I guess age and gender aren't really relevant. Just anyone that would like to help a person get healthy and completely change their life. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• dor91
    dor91 Posts: 3
    Options
    You keep to it Ethan what kind of "diet" are you trying
  • kat_beverly91
    Options
    I fall into that same pattern also! I keep making excuses, but I know it has to stop. I'm ready to change!
  • kmh0617
    kmh0617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Start by making a few healthy SUSTAINABLE changes. Then once you're acclimated to those changes, make more. String them together into a healthy lifestyle.

For example: try to eat less processed foods, give up soda, drink more water, commit to becoming more active, eat more vegetables, etc.
    Each one of these are easy to do on their own. I started by only making small changes that I knew I'd be able to sustain long-term.
    Once I started changing, it came more easily. If you fall off the wagon, that's ok- but get right back on track!
    once you see how great you fell (and look) from making healthy changes, it will be encouraging to stick with it and continue to improve your eating/exercise habits.
  • kmh0617
    kmh0617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Try not to think of it as a "diet". Think of it as a lifestyle change where you try to make as many choices as possible that contribute to your health in a positive way.
  • EthanLafferty
    Options
    I usually just cut down on my calories and drink nothing but water and eat high proteins and low carbs and fibers. I'm open to any suggestions and would love any and all input.