5'8 Female in need of some support

Options
I'm looking for people who are around my height, or those who have simliar medical issues, or at least an understanding of mine.

I can be a great motivator and friend, and want to support others in their weight loss journey! In return, I seek someone who can do the same for me! Sometimes it's easier getting tips from people who can understand your struggles from their own standpoint.

Fun Facts:

I'm 23 - 5'8 - diabetic - I have a bone disease and arthritis in all of my joints, so my "work out" will never be the same as most -
I am hispanic, so my hips are wide, and my bone structure is like most latin women.
I have PCOS & Asthma - I am wanting to lose 60 lbs!
I have had 10 operations, and am waiting on 4 more operations (both hips, and both knees)

Although I have things going against me, I am determined to lose this extra weight! I KNOW I CAN DO IT, and I want to help motivate you too!!

Replies

• littlekat1
    littlekat1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kat. I'm 5'8 and am looking to lose 20+ pounds.

I'm 46, and have a bad hip (labreal repair surgery and now I have synovitis)!
    My hubs is a pre-diabetic, so I am learning more and more about the disease.

What are you having done on your hips & knees? Replacement or repair?

I'll send you a friend request!
  • HopefulMiller
    Options
    Hi, Kat!!! Thank you for the request! Eventually I will need them both replaced.. But until then we are trying to get as much use out of them as possible! Both hips will go under complete reconstruction, and in the left knee they will remove a cyst that is on my miniscus, the tear that is also within that, and then a scope. For the right, so far it is just a scope!! YAY!!!
    Any questions you have about diabetes, throw them my way, girl!!!