2013 Weigh in/Measure Up

Options
Hi friends! Here it is as promised, the thread for our weekly weigh in/measure up. From what I was reading in my news feed most of my friends were putting on weight and losing motivation. Maybe some accountability will help us, without having to join an outside group and pay money just to have that accountability.

We decided to add measurements as some of you will be looking to maintain weight and some of us are going to be doing weight training and therefore don't lose weight the same.

Having got to 44lbs lost in July, I have then slowly packed on the pounds (due to a huge upheaval in my personal life) until I have managed to shovel another 17lbs into my gob, onto my tum and butt. I've woken up this morning with what feels like a lead weight in my stomach from overindulgence and it's stopping today!
So here it is...GULP!!

Weight: 206lbs (+17lbs)
Waist: +3inches
Hips: +4inches
Chest: + 2 inches
Thigh: + 2.5 inches
Arm: + 1.5 inches

So, in order to bring myself back to my previous weight and continue to lose the fat I am making some positive moves. This morning the rubbish is collected and I have filled a black bag with all of the naughty stuff in the house. I have started planning my meals for the rest of the week - which I found really helped last time - and I am today waiting for my spanking new cross trainer to arrive as my last one broke which was definitely partly to blame for me putting all this extra weight on. I have written a great workout regime and feel motivated now to stick to it!

Good luck everyone, lets help each other stay motivated and shift the extra body fat!!

Replies

• himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you started this thread! And you've already made progress by clearing out the junk and getting a new cross trainer! There will be no stopping you now! :)

I think my lack of accountability has me starting and re-starting over and over again.
    I no longer log food as I find it too stressful. I have decided my main aim is to exercise every day and try to eat healthier. I'm hoping that will be enough to see changes!
    I haven't taken measurements yet, will have to do so tomorrow morning because I just had lunch awhile ago and the measurements wont be accurate! But come tomorrow my weight and measurements will be posted on this thread. And from there we will see how it goes!

Here's to a new beginning! Good luck everyone!
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You can do it. We're all in the same boat at the moment which is why this has been set up. It's so hard to keep going when the motivation goes, if it was easy we'd all be super healthy! All you can do is the best for yourself! Good luck :)
  • pilchierox
    pilchierox Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Right, as promised I'm up for this challenge. I got on the scales this morning and they groaned, I'm sure they did!!! I shall post my measurements tomorrow as I was up for work at 5am but I know what you mean about the lead weight in your stomach! I got down to 11st 1lb before my holiday in September and then maintained at 11st 5lb when I came back. I got on the scales this morning and am......12st 1.5lbs (where's scarey emoticon when you want one!!! :'-(

The good thing is that I have been unwell (trust me, that's good) and have been on steroid tablets for the past 7 days, which always make me put on weight - the good bit is that I should lose the first few lbs fairly quickly once I stop them and am well enough to exercise! Speaking of which, off to zumba tonight!

Good luck everyone and I shall fill in the horrinfying measurement details tomorrow!!
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Good on you for logging this! You'll have that off in no time I'm sure. I hope you feel better soon, not nice being ill and trying to eat properly or exercise.

Have fun at Zumba!
  • pilchierox
    pilchierox Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Right, horrifying measurement alert!!

Weight - 169lb
    Waist, 37 inches
    Bust, 38.5 inches
    Hips 41.5 inches
    Thigh, 23 inches
    Upper arm, 12.5 inches.

Eeek!!!