xmas gain- do you update your ticker?

Options

Replies

• LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Ii fell off track for a few months. I gained + they brought friends. I updated my profile and my ticker is included. I have to be honest with myself. Not being honest and not facing the scale allowed my gaining to go out of control.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I updated it. I was in Mexico over Christmas, I only gained 4 lbs, part of which I know is water weight from the heat... But might as well be honest with myself. It's when you start trying to ignore the facts that it will bite you in the *kitten* (literally)
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would definitely log gains as well as losses. Be true to yourself and watch the lbs dissolve next weigh in .
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Normally I would if it were a true gain, but I know so much of it is sodium/water retention. I skipped one week of recording and I'll record my upcoming WI. I was up about 10 pounds but 5 of that is off already.
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I updated mine because I would get discouraged if I kept seeing where I should be instead of where I am. I also wanted to be able to watch it change again!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I log my weight every Friday whether it is up or down.
  • 012345emma
    012345emma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i have updated mine i put 5lb back on but i do always weigh in whether i loose or gain x
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I gained it, I owned up to it :) It's kinda like kicking my own *kitten*
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I think you should be honest with yourself in order to stay on track. I would maybe wait a week or two if you think maybe some of it is water weight to make sure it's more accurate. Other than that, I say track it. I haven't gained more than 3 lbs (because I keep fluctuating @ a plateau) and I generally don't put that on my tracker, but over that I will.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I updated my ticker this week I think, I had lost so I was pleased. It did help that I was sick from Christmas Eve onward, lol, that kind of helped me lose.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I'm up 3 pounds this morning for no reason that I can think of, so I am not updating. I figure it's a fluke.
  • Loula124
    Loula124 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I will update my ticker on Friday, which is my usual weigh in day. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Ha!

Same here. I'm hoping it's not going to be much more than a pound though.
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I always update my ticker whether i lose or gain. I feel I am being honest not only with myself but anyone else that sees it/
    ETA I only weigh once a week
  • Hab1978
    Hab1978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Grrr..I just updated mine! I ate it, I gained it, I gotta account for it!
  • aheavel
    aheavel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Definitely add it back. As others have said it will give you a little more of a push to get it back off. Plus, if you leave it as is then you won't get the satisfaction of updating it when you have progress. You would have to wait until you lose more than the 7 you gain to see the ticker move.
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I leave it til I weigh myself a few weeks after the holidays. I know the scale kind of discourages me personally sometimes so I knew it was better for me to just let it rest for a bit.
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your relationship with the scale. If it's going to be a derailing event to see a heavier weight, hold off for a week or two. If not, go ahead and record it. What matters most is to keep on persevering and not what the specific scale number is on a given day.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I hadn't been honest with myself by not reflecting my gains. It became very discouraging and I ended up quitting for awhile and regaining back everything except for 8lbs. Now I'm totally honest with myself and others! I feel like I'm going to make this happen! So be honest with yourself, it'll be worth it!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Brutal honesty is my policy. I update every day.
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It took me form June till October to lose 7 kilos
    in December I put 3 kilos on
    I have reset my loss to NIL and I will see how much I can lose in 2013

... maybe it is a shame to lose the credit for the 4kg - but to be fair , i have lsot 18 stone before - the same 3 stone six times !!!

anyone out there in similar situation who would like to add me as a friend , please do - I only have one in here !

I am really focused now with my 2013 target ... so hopeful of good losses