Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Popcorn Lovers

2»

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    I struggle with the same thing because my husband LOOOOOVES his movie popcorn and I feel like a supreme buzzkill if I tell him I can't leave it alone if he has some right next to me. Sometimes he and I share a large and that counts as a meal for us. We just try to make up the nutrition elsewhere in the day. Sometimes I just get the small for myself, which is still almost a normal meal's calories for me. This is WITHOUT the "butter" added to it. I never add that.

On a couple of occasions we have planned to go out to lunch either right before or right after a movie, so we make a joint decision to skip the snacks entirely, and then enjoy our healthy meal.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    I hear ya!

I love theater popcorn too, and I go to the movies a LOT! I don't carry a purse so taking in a clandestine bag of my own wouldn't work. There are some days I can resist geting any at all, but sometimes ya just gotta have it. On those days, I just count it as a treat, try to get a small bag rather than the large size or the bucket, drink lots of water because of the sodium, and eat light the rest of the day.