Not so newbie, but new to site

Options
Hello all! I have been using the iPhone application for about 3 weeks so far. Lost 10 lbs to date, but have a way to go. I am new to myfitnesspal, but not new to the world of exercise & diets. I work in the sports industry. I know the drill, but it's hard to keep yourself accountable when you're always guessing caloric numbers and calories expended with exercise. Other sites don't do it for me.. if it's not right there in my hand so I can record it, I'm not likely to do it. I don't have the time to go back and remember or write down and record later. iPhone app has made it much easier and MFP is one of the few places that has a lot of restaurant totals in areas where I live. I live on the go, therefore food on the go choices are crucial for me. 99% of the time there isn't a kitchen nearby for me to use, not that I would know what to do with it anyway. Unless there are instructions on the box and it takes less than 10 minutes I can't figure it out anyway. That's probably how I got to the point I am at today. But now, thanks to technology I have the resources to keep myself accountable for my diet and it's working. I am 1/5 of the way toward my goal. Looking forward to being a part of the site.

Replies

• aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO THE SITE
  • rtrautmann
    Options
    I fell like the website has a lot more to offer than the iphone app. Sure, it definitely helps to have it right there with you especially when you're eating so you don't forget to track it - but this whole community is just so huge and supportive. It helps you remember that you're not the only one who wants to change and lose/gain weight. I love the forums because it allows you to trade tips, info and just about anything on here.

Welcome to the website and good luck!! :bigsmile: