Good tips for snacks

Options
I find it quite easy to stick to my diet when I'm eating meals, but often get hungry in between. Does anyone have any good tips for snacks? I work 9 hours a day sat at a desk, so I try to drink as much water as I can, but it doesn't keep away the hunger.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Replies

• 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Don't snack, eat smaller meals more frequently.
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think veggies and a great dip make a really good snack. If you could keep some celery and carrots at your desk with a little container of hummus, that would be nice.

I also really like string cheese or nuts with a piece of fruit. The key to a filling snack is having protein with it!
    Good luck!
  • LuckyCheryl
    LuckyCheryl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Raw almonds - Cottage Cheese and a fruit - Cheese Stick and an apple- Roasted Edemame seeds - cut up raw veggies - Good Luck:smile:
  • hybridscientist
    hybridscientist Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm usually OK after an apple and a bottle of water. Maybe a banana if I'm more hungry.
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Frozen raspberries. They are cheaper than fresh and taste WONDERFUL
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Don't snack, eat smaller meals more frequently.

What's the difference?

Chips and salsa
    Fruit
    Vegetables with dip
    Cheese and crackers
    Small salad
  • Eduardo1126
    Options
    broccoli and cauliflower both work for me because its low cal and i usually do a dip something cal free like mustard
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    All of the above are good. But be careful of fruits. Higher in sugars and calories and usually less filling than veggies.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Light micrwave popcorn, helps me on days when water doesnt fill me at work. Also when I pop it everyone in the office gets cravings for it cause popcorn smells soo good! :)
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    unless you accidentally burn it..then everyone hates you...lol

Nothing worse than that burnt popcorn smell filling the whole office...