I really want an Elliptical...

Options
So, while I have a gym membership, I reaaaally want an elliptical machine at home.

I have this vision of getting up early each morning and getting a workout in while still be accessible if there is a toddler emergency!

Has anyone found that having home exercise equipment was extremely helpful? Or did it just become the laundry sorter/ stuff holder/etc?

I'd love to hear people's advice on the topic...

Thanks!

Sarah

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Have an eliptical, sitting waiting for me, I hurt my knee and I am not allowed to use it, but my hubbby gets use out of it!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    We have a treadmill and my wife uses it now more than she thought she would when we bought it.

I use it about as much... which is to say not much at all. :tongue:
  • just2bfit
    Options
    I would suggest that you go used. Try play it again sports or good old Craig's list. You can find great deals, and save the guilt if you don't get on it as often as you would like.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Now that I'm a stay at home mom I love having it! Before, I always prefered to go to the gym!
  • kriddle2
    kriddle2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've had an orbitrek elliptical machine for the last year. I use it everyday! I love it, just set it up in front of the television and put in a movie and go to town!
  • saritacg7
    saritacg7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find it extremely helpful! Its great to jump on it for a quick 20 min before work or go hard with extra resistance at night while catching up with my soaps!! lol. I agree with just2bfit used is better, I got mine off of criagslist for $150 (and it retail for $500!!) the girl said she only used it once and its been collecting dust. I've had it for about a year and its still great and quiet!!!
  • sgsnow79
    sgsnow79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!