Protein shake

Options
I know there's another post just below but didn't really found the answer I am looking for. I know absolutely nothing about protein powder, so here's my question

I am looking for a protein powder I can drink after my workout. I want something I can mix with milk or water wihout using a blender. I am not looking to bulk out or nothing, I just want to increase my protein intake. Where do I start? I am in Canada, so would need something I can get here, either online or in the store.

Thanks for your input

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Most protein powders can be just shaken with milk or water, no need for a blender.

Blenders help when you get creative and want to add different kinds of fruit, peanut butter or other ingredients.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If post workout shakes you are looking for then look for protein powders that are fast acting. Hydrolosized Whey is very quick, if you can't get hydrolosized, whey isolate is still fast acting.
  • hballack
    hballack Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I like blender bottles to mix the protein shake. They are the best thing I found when you aren't at home. They sell them on amazon. It is a shaker bottle with a little wire wisk inside. I just ordered the optimum nutrition whey on amazon. If I like it I'll let you know.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I like blender bottles to mix the protein shake. They are the best thing I found when you aren't at home. They sell them on amazon. It is a shaker bottle with a little wire wisk inside.

They sell them at most grocery and sporting goods stores also.
  • Smallgainz
    Smallgainz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I currently use MuscleTech. I have Vanilla and Chocolate and I just use one scoop with water in a small nalgene after my workout. You can use a blender bottle, but MuscleTech is fairly fine and just doesn't clump like some of the others I've tried.