a little plateau help

Options
The key to moving through a plateau is changing your current routine. Once you do an exercise for an extended period of time, your body becomes more efficient at the movements and results stall. Continue to stimulate and challenge your body by doing different strength moves, taking a new fitness class or even changing the location of your workout. When doing weights, try replacing one movement each week or decrease the rest time between your sets. For cardio, try a different machine or alternate intensity throught your workout. Remember, a plateau doesn't mean your goals are unattainable. It just means your body is asking for a change.

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Good post!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Good post!

Why thank you sir! I like to change things up by putting on Kid Rock's Bawitdaba, and do serious high intensity cardio bouts..then I rest play it again and do supersets on the weights...busting right on through! results are amazing!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    another way to get thru a plateau is to "boost". on the Food Lover Fat Loss program, our instructor tells us every four days to boost one meal with extra protein or carb. it's tricks your body and so far it has worked miracles!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    another way to get thru a plateau is to "boost". on the Food Lover Fat Loss program, our instructor tells us every four days to boost one meal with extra protein or carb. it's tricks your body and so far it has worked miracles!

I think that may work for people in the losing phase but unfortunately it isn't helpful in the maintaining phase...I wish that it were..if I ate any more protein I would seriously turn into a hard boiled freaking egg :laugh:
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    thanks ill try those tips here as ive come to a platue this week great post :flowerforyou:
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    I've come to learn I need to change it once a week. I add a new exercise or try out new equipment. This weeks big change is to do weight lifting before cardio. Today was my first day trying it out, boy oh boy, I really couldn't feel a diff in cardio before but today I was working hard! I also cut cardio from 40 mins to 20 mins. That's this week, lets see what I come up with next week :wink:

Oh yeah, any change tips welcome, I'm always looking for something new to try!
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    can you explain the whole boosting thing more. I have definately hit my first plateau and getting discouraged.