The perfect food

2»

Replies

• HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    700 to 800 cals?
    no bueno

sweetie you need to eat more, you can become a new you by June AND be healthy

I'm not eating this much on purpose since I cut out all bad food(goodies) I just can't seem to eat I force myself to eat in a morning and I hate it , it is getting better I didn't feel sick this morning an then it comes to dinner and I'm not hungry so I have to force myself to eat again an then I'm not hungry u till tea time and iv. Have a meal around 4-500 cals because I don't finish it. An that's when I usually sit on the couch with alsorts of sweet stuff then and consume around 2000 cals!!! My tdee is 1400 I was eating 1200 before Xmas an still only meeting 800 on a week day 1200 and exercise cals on a weekend but I have had 3 weeks of eating what I want anits piled back on me I know I need to eat more for this to be a real change . Iv completely cut sugar out apart from good sugars . I'm the type of person that goes to the fridge or checks in my bag every half an hour rather than sitting down to eat a big meal
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    700 to 800 cals?
    no bueno

I'm not eating this much on purpose since I cut out all bad food(goodies) I just can't seem to eat I force myself to eat in a morning and I hate it , it is getting better I didn't feel sick this morning an then it comes to dinner and I'm not hungry so I have to force myself to eat again an then I'm not hungry u till tea time and iv. Have a meal around 4-500 cals because I don't finish it. An that's when I usually sit on the couch with alsorts of sweet stuff then and consume around 2000 cals!!! My tdee is 1400 I was eating 1200 before Xmas an still only meeting 800 on a week day 1200 and exercise cals on a weekend but I have had 3 weeks of eating what I want anits piled back on me I know I need to eat more for this to be a real change . Iv completely cut sugar out apart from good sugars . I'm the type of person that goes to the fridge or checks in my bag every half an hour rather than sitting down to eat a big meal

What is your height, weight, and activity level? 1400 seems awfully low for TDEE. Are you sure that isn't your BMR instead of TDEE?
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    700 to 800 cals?
    no bueno

I doubt that your TDEE is 1400. Here is a link that may help explain some things to you and give you a better understanding.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    700 to 800 cals?
    no bueno

You know, it's ok to snack. If that suits you, then it's fine. Likewise, it's ok not to eat breakfast. I often don't. If you're not happy consuming so much sugar, you can still snack on healthier options like raw veggies, nuts, seeds, cheese (not evil!) etc. If three big meals isn't working for you, find something that does.
  • HotMummyMission
    Sorry hahha I must of got confused my tdee is 2300 my BRM is 1400 I, 5 ft 8 , 164lbs I think I havnt weighed myself for a while x
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    I dnt really eat food I use to pig out on goodies an not eat food. So I'm new to all this clean eating I don't know what foods good or bad ( I know that sounds stupid but I really don't I know the obvious take aways,carbs,) but I'm just learning about processed chicken after it blew me up for a week with sodium . Iv never ate breakfast so I have started but I'm not hungry around dinner time then but I have to eat dinner so it's usually soup an then that only adds up to 300 cals ?

You don't need to wait until you are hungry to eat, that is your body telling you that you have failed to give it the nutrients it needs not an early warning system it's a meal time. There is no one food that is going to get your calories up and supply a balance of all the nutrients your body needs - start meal planning, spread your servings of each food group through the day. Clean eating is not about depriving your body of any macro or micronutrient, it's actually about giving your body MORE nutrients. Carbs are not the enemy, it's refined and processed carbs that can be detrimental to health (added sugars, white carbs like white flour/ white rice/ white pasta/ peeled potatoes). If you stop eating anything processed or with an ingredients list, but mostly eat stuff that looks pretty much the same as when it came off the animal or plant you won't go too far wrong.

Basic diet that will supply a balance of all the nutrients your body needs for optimum health
    - nine servings of low sugar fruits and non starchy vegetables every day in the full rainbow of colours (blue/ purple, red, green, orange/ yellow)
    - three servings of reduced fat dairy (plain yoghurt, plain soft cheese, milk etc) a day
    - protein little and often starting with breakfast including oily fish several times a week
    - small portions of whole healthy fats several times a day (oily fish, avocado, olives, block creamed coconut, nuts or seeds)
    - fibre/ mineral rich foods several times a day (beans, lentils, wholegrains, nuts, seeds)
    Every western government has portion sizes on a website somewhere if you are unsure.

Sodium in one chicken meal should not blow you up for a week, are you quite sure it was that? If you are make an appointment with your doctor. In the mean time eat all your fruits and veggies (water, potassium which flushes and balances sodium), drink plenty of water, limit or avoid caffeine, sugary drinks, artificial sweeteners such as diet soda. And be sure you are taking the recommended 10,000 steps every day, your muscles squeezing as you walk activates the lymphatic system which helps eliminate excess water.
  • HotMummyMission
    I dnt really eat food I use to pig out on goodies an not eat food. So I'm new to all this clean eating I don't know what foods good or bad ( I know that sounds stupid but I really don't I know the obvious take aways,carbs,) but I'm just learning about processed chicken after it blew me up for a week with sodium . Iv never ate breakfast so I have started but I'm not hungry around dinner time then but I have to eat dinner so it's usually soup an then that only adds up to 300 cals ?

You don't need to wait until you are hungry to eat, that is your body telling you that you have failed to give it the nutrients it needs not an early warning system it's a meal time. There is no one food that is going to get your calories up and supply a balance of all the nutrients your body needs - start meal planning, spread your servings of each food group through the day. Clean eating is not about depriving your body of any macro or micronutrient, it's actually about giving your body MORE nutrients. Carbs are not the enemy, it's refined and processed carbs that can be detrimental to health (added sugars, white carbs like white flour/ white rice/ white pasta/ peeled potatoes). If you stop eating anything processed or with an ingredients list, but mostly eat stuff that looks pretty much the same as when it came off the animal or plant you won't go too far wrong.

Basic diet that will supply a balance of all the nutrients your body needs for optimum health
    - nine servings of low sugar fruits and non starchy vegetables every day in the full rainbow of colours (blue/ purple, red, green, orange/ yellow)
    - three servings of reduced fat dairy (plain yoghurt, plain soft cheese, milk etc) a day
    - protein little and often starting with breakfast including oily fish several times a week
    - small portions of whole healthy fats several times a day (oily fish, avocado, olives, block creamed coconut, nuts or seeds)
    - fibre/ mineral rich foods several times a day (beans, lentils, wholegrains, nuts, seeds)
    Every western government has portion sizes on a website somewhere if you are unsure.

Sodium in one chicken meal should not blow you up for a week, are you quite sure it was that? If you are make an appointment with your doctor. In the mean time eat all your fruits and veggies (water, potassium which flushes and balances sodium), drink plenty of water, limit or avoid caffeine, sugary drinks, artificial sweeteners such as diet soda. And be sure you are taking the recommended 10,000 steps every day, your muscles squeezing as you walk activates the lymphatic system which helps eliminate excess water.

Thankyou so much your little paragraph is now the wallpaper to my iPad :) i dislike every food that has been said but ill start to like it the more times I eat it. I don't like water either but it's growing on me iv only really started this journey propley today so I wanna know the right way to do it befor I do it wrong again x
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    It's a shame all the people who just reply with "you need to eat more", it's like they didn't even read your question!

A lot of people who make the switch from eating lots of crap to eating healthy have this same problem, it's not just you. It's easy to eat 2000 calories worth of fast food and ice cream! Not as easy to get all those calories from "healthy" food if you think healthy means low-calorie/low-fat/low-carbs all the time.

One thing to realize is that not all "fats" are bad! you don't have to make everything low fat (just like you dont have to make everything low-carb either). You do, however want to chose healthy fats (think natural, not processed) If you are having trouble meeting your calorie goal, chose some higher calorie items. Not everything healthy and "clean" is low-cal.
    Avocado is SO delicious and full of good-for-you fat.
    Nuts are a calorie dense food too, with good fats and protein.
    Nothing says all your dairy needs to be fat-free, if you consistently have room for more calories, chose full fat milks, cheeses and yogurts

Whole grains, like brown rice or Quinoa are good too. I think people who are trying to lose weight get afraid of carbs, but don't be, everything in moderation. They aren't "low calorie", but the right portion size should fit well into your goals.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I know the obvious take aways,carbs

carbs are NOT bad....
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    bumping for the great info! So many helpful people around here :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Sorry hahha I must of got confused my tdee is 2300 my BRM is 1400 I, 5 ft 8 , 164lbs I think I havnt weighed myself for a while x

Okay... so it is safe to say that you are not morbidly obese. Therefore, it really isn't healthy for you to eat below BMR. You need to bulk up your meals more so that you can make 1400 calories a day.

Try using more olive oil. It's calorie dense and has some excellent nutritive qualities. Also, fiber and protein are essential.

If you were eating a lot of junk before, then your body should be able to handle the calories. Unless you have been eating below your BMR for a long time. Then, you may have to add in a few 100 calories at a time to get used to it again.

*edited to remove the assumption I made about your TDEE. Always forget that activity level is a factor.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    If you are not hungry, then don't eat... thats pretty straight forward.

I tend to follow my body's schedule, and if I'm not hungry for breakfast then I eat a huge lunch... and if I'm not hungry for dinner, then I don't eat dinner, and if I'm hungry before bed, then I'll eat something.

As far as foods go, you can eat pretty much what you want as long as it fits in your calories/macros.

While I agree with this normally, this is an instance where it doesn't seem sensible. Eating only 800 calories a day is not going to be healthy.
  • HotMummyMission
    I don't want people to think I'm eating below 1200 cals on purpose I want to eat more I do try an eat more but if I eat a meal ill have half of it an not Be able to finish the rest . I dnt know why but iv got it in my head that carbs are hell! Iknow you need carbs for energy but my fitness level isant really that good which is changing today , so I think if I eat so much ill put weight on a bodybuilder told me when I first started on this a few months back that I should eat 40 carbs 40 fat an 140 protein for me to lose weight so it's just stuck since then. Also my cousin is a male model for all saints and personal trainer and he told me to only eat carbs on the day I'm working out or it will put weight on me. It's so confusing when people tell you diffrent things I'm starting out again properly today I lost 28lbs from September to December and had another 28lbs to go but I think iv put at least 10lb on as my body looks completly diffrent than it did 3 weeks ago /(
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    If you are not hungry, then don't eat... thats pretty straight forward.

I tend to follow my body's schedule, and if I'm not hungry for breakfast then I eat a huge lunch... and if I'm not hungry for dinner, then I don't eat dinner, and if I'm hungry before bed, then I'll eat something.

As far as foods go, you can eat pretty much what you want as long as it fits in your calories/macros.

While I agree with this normally, this is an instance where it doesn't seem sensible. Eating only 800 calories a day is not going to be healthy.

True. Becoming obese is a clue that you can't trust your body's signals. Also, eating disorders and VLCDs will significantly lower your hormone levels, disrupting hunger signals. Unless you have been at a relatively healthy weight your whole life, then you can't trust those signals.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I don't want people to think I'm eating below 1200 cals on purpose I want to eat more I do try an eat more but if I eat a meal ill have half of it an not Be able to finish the rest . I dnt know why but iv got it in my head that carbs are hell! Iknow you need carbs for energy but my fitness level isant really that good which is changing today , so I think if I eat so much ill put weight on a bodybuilder told me when I first started on this a few months back that I should eat 40 carbs 40 fat an 140 protein for me to lose weight so it's just stuck since then. Also my cousin is a male model for all saints and personal trainer and he told me to only eat carbs on the day I'm working out or it will put weight on me. It's so confusing when people tell you diffrent things I'm starting out again properly today I lost 28lbs from September to December and had another 28lbs to go but I think iv put at least 10lb on as my body looks completly diffrent than it did 3 weeks ago /(

Hi OP. I don't think most of us got that impression. As far as I gather, you want to eat more calories.

Unless you're a body builder, you don't need to worry so much about protein vs carbs. They're a good source of energy! I get most of my calories in carbs and am fairly thin. After lunch, I'll already be at 88 carbs, and reaching 200 would be just fine for me. Just try eating clean, working out, and getting your calories however it is easiest for you. If you plan to gain a lot of muscle, that's when you'll want to take in more protein. Not to say you don't need protein anyway, but the majority of your calories doesn't have to come from them to lose weight. As for eating meals... Don't worry about eating at specific times. I also eat most of my calories through snacking.