Back again

Options
Hello everyone,
I am sure I am not the only one who did not reach the goals they had set for themselves in the previous year, but I refuse to continue to beat myself up for the things I didn't achieve! I was on here early last year and stuck with it until life got in the way, and I once again put my own health, happiness, and goals on the back burner. I will NOT do that this year!
I am searching for some help and support. I need to be held accountable and have something to motivate me to do this and do it right. I do not want to be writing a similar post this time next year. I want to be celebrating my successes.
If you are in a similar situation, or have found yourself here in the past I would love to hear from you...your successes and your failures. I would like to know what has helped you keep going and what strategies have worked for you.
Good luck to all! Happy New Year and bright beginnings!
Christel

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Christie..

I've been on mfp for many months..logging and doing well..then not so well..but always reading on the forums. I've been burned out from the many diets i've been on to lose the 20 to 30 pounds that creeps onto my tall frame on and off during my adulthood. I've lost it ..I'd say..four to five times.

But..after getting to my goal weight a year ago summer....i gained it back only to find i was totally burned out on losing it like i have in the past.. I was doing the six week body makeover..which does work and well. But the diet is regimented and restrictive. It is healthy, clean..all that good stuff..but you can't live life with the rest of the world.

Anyway...after learning so much reading here..this time around.. I'm doing the eat 20% less from my TDEE. (dunno if that's the right abbreviation). I'm going to do this and exercise..and hopefully keep my metabolism where I can eat a decent amount of food and look the way I want. I did eat at 1200 calories for a while on here and was losing..but was miserable..hungry.. now I'm set for 1600 calories before exercise..and I plan on eating about half of exercise calories back. I also weighed myself yesterday and plan on weighing..but not all the time. Maybe just every two weeks or every month.

My goal is to figure out something that will work for life..keep me healthy and hey.. HAPPY too!

Good luck to you...let's go for it!