Hydroxycut

Options

Replies

• AmberLee2012
    Options
    Don't do it. It's a waste of money and diet pills are very unhealthy. Plus, most people that take them end up gaining the weight back + more afterwards. Just keep doing what you are doing. I understand it's a lot harder to lose weight when having PCOS, but keep doing what your doing and you are more likely to maintian the loss than if you were to pop some pills. Maybe up your exercise time to 4 days a week or 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes. Good luck!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If you ever watch the commercials, read the fine print...as a matter of fact, it's probably printed on the box as well, but on the commercial, the fine print that flashes for just a moment says something to the effect of:

Results not typical. Your results may vary. Weight loss using Hydroxycut was in combination with diet and exercise.

This is the same fine print message you will get with every singe weight loss product that runs and ad on TV or in a magazine. It's not the product that does anything, it's the diet and exercise.

Weight loss is nothing more than a calorie deficit...period. Exercise will help increase the calorie deficit, and strength training will help with body composition as well as calorie deficit. However, you don't need exercise, you can lose weight simply by tracking your calorie intake and eating at a deficit. Exercise does allow you to eat more because it creates a higher deficit than not exercising.

Skip the pills.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    With PCOS, you might be better off trying a low carb diet rather than spending cash on a supplement which may or may not work. Try adjusting your intake to more lean proteins and vegetables, and minimize high carb foods (breads, pastas, rices, cereals) for a month and see how that works for you.

This reply is right on!! I am currently low carb due to hypothyroid and the see-saw effects of meds and depression that came along with it. However I have a sister and a good friend with PCOS and they have gone low carb at the advice and research of how the horomones effect weight loss/gains... sister is on 50 grams good carbs per day with balance of protein and fats and lost 61 pounds in a year. Best of luck... and I also agree with previous replies, quick fixes are no good, if they sound too good to be true they usually are...
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Search the groups/threads for PCOS - a lot of people have faced it and though it presents it's own set of difficulties, I'll bet you can find a lot of support/advice for how to lose without wasting money on a supplement that isn't especially good for you.
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Dont take it. You dont need it. Your calorie intake seem fine just make sure they are wholesome foods and not 1600 calories of poptarts. Also make sure that 1600 calories is not consumed in 1-2 meals. Break it up to about 4-6. Your workout routine seems ok too, just monitor your heart rate and ramp it up if you can handle it.

Best regards,

Eddie

1600kcl are 1600kcl, doesn't matter where they coming from (beside it's more healthy to eat 1600kcl in veggies than in sweets). And where is the problem with splitting them just in two meals? Only this works for you doesn't make it a rule for everybody.
  • shannonsky
    shannonsky Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    but already tell I wont be able to lose more. It's hard for me to lose any weight anyways

You will lose more. From your start date, it looks like what happened might have been that you experienced the quick shedding of initial pounds (something not uncommon when rehauling your lifestyle) and then hit the place where your body naturally slows. PSCOS is also a factor - it's not that you can't lose weight, it's that your body has readjusted itself and is dealing with a medical condition.

I think most people think it's hard for them to lose weight - and sometimes it is. But I think what most people mean is "It's hard to lose weight FAST." And that's where they get into trouble.

^^That! I struggle with that, too, I'm always so amazed at people who lose like 30lbs+ in just a few months, but when you break it down, that's less than 2lbs a week, which is pretty much what I average, too. If I just with something for more than a couple weeks at a time, I'd have the same results, too...and so will you!
  • jonmico
    jonmico Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dont take it. You dont need it. Your calorie intake seem fine just make sure they are wholesome foods and not 1600 calories of poptarts. Also make sure that 1600 calories is not consumed in 1-2 meals. Break it up to about 4-6. Your workout routine seems ok too, just monitor your heart rate and ramp it up if you can handle it.

Best regards,

Eddie

Strong broscience.
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I used it some years ago.... it did work.....it controlled my hunger and i had ALOT of energy to exercise.... so i burned TONS of calories....and i lost alot of weight using it.... but u are right....pills alone wont work, u have to make this a lifestyle change, uz i didnt and as you see im her on MFP and need to lose weight again....lol

Oh ps:... dont expect it to be a majic pill....you still have to WORK over time!

Ditto
  • TheRealPDouble
    Options
    I used to sell "diet pills" for a living. Don't buy them. I quit my job because I was tired of lying to people... People will try to convince themselves that they work, but they are nothing but a gigantic waste of money...
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I use Hydroxycut before I run in the morning. It's a "real" energy boost and it helps me run farther/longer. It DOES give you the "jitters" when you first start using it. I only take 1 pill when I use it though. Maybe it's a mental thing, maybe not. It's up to you really.

No its true.... I used to take it Jus before i went to the gym. I would do 2 FULL HOURS od HIGH IMPACT Aerobics, with ease...atalk about ENERGY BOOST.... yall making me wanna get back some now... but nahhh... i dont think these things are good for ur body.... so if you can hold out and do it the natural way then please do :)
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    With PCOS, once you get passed a certain percentage of weight loss, you can lose weight with the same level of ease/difficulty as a normal person. Just keep at it the regular way. Hydroxycut is a waste of your time and money. You gained weight from eating more calories than you burned, not from PCOS or anything else. Your lifestyle (like the rest of us) earned you the body you're unsatisfied with. If you end up going with a diet pill anyway, make sure you use it to get serious about changing your lifestyle, otherwise, why bother?
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about PCOS but with any female problem it can be harder to loose weight. Have you considered trying the low carb life style? It seems to be the only way that I can loose weight. The first few days are the hardest getting the sugar cravings out of your system. But, then you'd be suprised at how much energy you have. Just a thought you have to do what ever works for you, but diet pills (I've tried some) are not the answer. You have to learn what works for you, and exercise. Best of luck with PCOS friend me if you'd like. I've lost 54 and still have a ways to go.
  • sc1234
    sc1234 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    wow I"m surprised the comments are so negative about Hydroxycut, never would have thought

I take it periodically for 1 -2 months at a time when I need an extra boost or to get through a plateau

Gives extra energy, reduces cravings, makes sticking to your plan a breeze

I will still lose weight on MFP without Hydroxycut but the loss is greater over the same amount of time with Hydroxycut

It's a tool that works for me
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    PCOS is insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, a precursor to Type 2 Diabetes. It means your metabolism cannot process carbohydrates/glucose properly. To successfully lose weight and manage PCOS you should go with a low carb, moderate protein, high "good" fat diet.
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    ***Headdesk***

There are NO quick fixes or anything that is going to "make" you lose weight any faster. Funny how these types of pills have you take them with a BALANCED DIET, EATING AT A DEFICIT & EXERCISE!!!! Wow, and to think that it was the pill doing most of the work!!!!

Seriously, eat at a calorie deficit, workout, educate yourself and learn and adapt to a new lifestyle for a healthier and happy YOU!

^^this!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    The formula they use now isn't as effective as it was 10 years ago. It's nothing more than a hyped up caffeine pill. Even so, a pill doesn't compensate for a bad diet or lack of calorie expenditure. Stick to eating correctly and getting in exercise. Took time to get the weight on.....................will take time to get it off.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I tried it some years ago and I had horrible side effects. Heart palpatations and raised blood pressure... All seemed to be typical of caffine overdose but with me it got as far as blurred vision, hearing impairment and dizziness. It was awful.... Nausea and the works. And I was only taking the one pill starter recommendation... I stopped and was fine within 3 days. So just rememer that if you do try something like this, be aware of all your health issues and listen to your body if you might be having bad side effects. Check with your Dr if you have concerns. Nasty Stuff in my opinion.
  • jessieboyd12
    jessieboyd12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks for some advice. But like I said I am NOT looking for a "miracle pill". I don't believe in them and now it can only happen with a lot of work. No I am breastfeeding. I was just looking for something to help give me a boost of energy. I know if you take the amount it tells you too that you will get the jitters but I don't plan on taking that much. I try to break up my calories but usually my supper ends up with some more calories than the other. But thanks for some of the advice but I did see a few comments that did not appreciate. I have been little all my life until I got in my early 20's and just never been able to lose it. The seven pounds it's showing I lost only 2 of it was on my own the rest was b/c I was sick and couldnt eat and I have been a member for a long time. Congrats to you all that can lose the weight with eating right and exercise but I never could. On another note, I never eat any sweets or junk foods whatsoever. I'm going to talk to my doctor Friday about my options.
  • jessieboyd12
    jessieboyd12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sorry I meant I am not breastfeeding.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I take a green tea supplement that is like $3 /month and just as effective.