Help :(

Options
2»

Replies

• joyce1522
    Options
    Good for you for stop smoking! See your doctor for sure because in the doctor's office that I work in, we have seen some nasty respiratory illness for the last month or so. Do not worry about exercising until you are able to breathe without problems. Hang in there, things will improve soon.
  • WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I quit 8 months ago....just be sure it isn't your body starting to get rid of the crap in your lungs before you get all paranoid!! I know I was hacking like an old man for a good few weeks at first...it was nasty :P
    Also, don't start off running and cycling marathons...take it easy, walk and gentle cycle if you can...you need to build up to a good work out, your lungs just are not used to anything beyond moderate at this point.
    Any exercise is good at this point...even if it is gentle.
    You will hack up a great deal and I don't know about you, but I got the snots something awful (gross, I know!)...it's good though...it's all coming out. Six months from now, you'll be amazed by the difference...no hacking up a lung in the mornings, being able to take deep (I mean really deep) breaths without 'hitching', and your endurance will be remarkable!
    Change happens fast, but make slow changes to routine so your body has time to adapt!!
    Good luck!!!