Anyone have any ideas on fried foods? Help!!

Options
Ok so I am the only one in the house that is actually watching the calories. Yesterday my family wanted a quick lunch of french fries and chicken nuggets. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! They looked so tempting, but I settled for soup. Does anyone have a way around it where that kind of food can some how be substituted for healthier similarites or any advice? It was very tempting.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can have fries and chicken nuggets occasionally... have as many as will fit in your daily calories if you want them!

plus if you oven bake your fries and nuggets they are better for everyone!
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It would help to bake instead of deep fry them. Also you can take chicken breasts and pan fry with spritz of cooking spray just so they don't stick and season with garlic and pepper, no breading. Yummy!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Well, if they fit into your macros, you could always eat the same thing, but a smaller portion. :)

Otherwise, it's actually pretty easy to make decent baked chicken nuggets. Take a chicken breast, slice it into chunks, rub the chunks in olive oil, bread them, and then bake them for half an hour at 350 degrees. For breading, I like to use either cornflake crumbs or panko seasoned with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

As for french fries, a lot of people swear by baked sweet potato fries, which are really easy to make at home as well.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you have to eat the greasy nuggets (as opposed to making healthier ones like other people suggested), I'd say eat a couple nuggets, a couple fries, and have a large salad as well.