30 Day Shred - Day 1!!

Options

Replies

• lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's day 2 for me. I did it once before and quit after 3 days....this time I'm doing 30 days straight! There's a group dedicated to people who started the shred yesterday
    lotsa motivational and helpful people there. You should look it up! * 30 day shred partners*

Good luck everyone! :happy:
  • lessofme24
    lessofme24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today!! Would love any extra support!! Friend me!!
  • jess_m26
    Options
    It's day 1 for me and it was awesome! I am someone who has done very little exercise in the past few years, except walking 15 min to and from work. The work out was tough but tolerable but I am definitely feeling it. I also tried a sample of the Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer and I feel like it did wonders. It made me feel energized and helped me get through the tough strength training too.

For anyone who is doing this, I would love to hear your results/feedback/progress on doing the 30 day shred. Please feel free to add me as a friend!

- Jessica
  • Sammie7920
    Options
    Day 4, Level 1 tomorrow! Add me, everyone! Lol I need to stay motivated as well and it'd be great to have others to do it with!
  • willtry08
    willtry08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Completed day 1, level 1 today! Looking forward to seeing this through. Anyone doing this program please feel free to add me - I suspect it's going to be a verrryyyy looonnngg 30 days and I could use the company :) Cheers to our success, we can do this!
  • sesquive
    sesquive Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The hubs and I completed our first session from level 1, it was a smoker! If anyone would like to add me as a friend for motivation, please feel free to add me!
  • Jerrawuff
    Options
    I actally got done with Day 1 ofthe shred right before I found this! Im glad to have other poepleon this journey... We should all do before (today pictures) and after 30 days from now! And if it works we can hel to motivate others to try it!! Good luck everyone and feel free to add me!
  • Jerrawuff
    Options
    Oh and the ideos are ALL on Youtube if you dont want to buy them!
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It's a great day to start shredding. 30 minutes of house chores this morning and a walking lunch is all I can manage today. Please tell me more about this Shred thing. What counts etc.
    It's a Jillian Michael's workout on DVD. It's a 30 day program with 10 days/level. Of course, like others have stated, it may take some of us a bit longer than 10 days before we're ready to move up. I've never actually done it like you're supposed to. I actually use it when it's inclement weather and I feel I'd rather stick needles in my eye than get on the treadmill! lol It's a great workout for sure...although I'm ALWAYS convinced it's personal and she's truly SETTING OUT to kill me! :P
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 of Level 1 today, I am also part of the 30 day shred group. Come join us there is lots of support in our group!!
  • gr14
    gr14 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    day 2 for the majority of us - lets smash it!
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am adding this into my routine. =]
  • nlvkw
    nlvkw Posts: 1
    Options
    I have had the 30day shred DVD for a while_- I can do level 2 and feel I get a good workout-especially for20 minutes! I would suggest folks who have not been exercising lately to start slowly- do the level every other day- without weights even until you are comfortable with the moves. On the other days I do a yoga DVD (am/pm yoga is a good beginning ) and/or some cardio (walk,bike,etc) . just because it's called 30 day shred it doesn't' mean you have to do it 30 days in a row! It's not going to help if you hurt yourself!
  • Maggotprincess
    Maggotprincess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have this DVD I need more motivation!!!
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just started it today with my mom. It wasn't too difficult, but gave me just enough burn & accelerated heart rate to get in a good workout. However, I don't feel like the 20 minutes are enough for me, so I'm adding in an extra 30-40 minutes of cardio as well. Feel free to add me! (:
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 2 - Level 1 today! Love/Hate relationship with Jillian, she's mean!!!
    Took before pictures and measurements.
    Wondering if Ishouldn't add extra cardio as well. Is anybody else doing extra workouts in addition to 30DS?

WOW, I must have been having a moment last night. I'm doing Ripped in 30!! lol
  • ELeiser
    ELeiser Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just started this morning. How do you add it as exercise? I was putting it under circut training last year, when I would do it. I am hoping to have the motivation to stick with it this time. I've never made it more than 3 days in before.
  • Rosalyn94
    Rosalyn94 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it this month too! On day 2 today, anyone feel free to add me :)
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just started this morning. How do you add it as exercise? I was putting it under circut training last year, when I would do it. I am hoping to have the motivation to stick with it this time. I've never made it more than 3 days in before.

The only way I know to add it as exercise is if you have a HRM & use the calories burned on there...they don't have anything listed on MFP, & it varies too much depending on the person to really have an accurate burn without a HRM...
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Today will be my Day 1. This will be my second time attempting 30 Day Shred. It's 2013 and i'm doing it for ME, Myself and I.