calorie counting watch

Options
So i am starting 30 day shred tonight!! i was hoping that i could get some good suggestions for a calorie counting watch to use when i run or work out. I have looked on Amazon and the reviews are all over the place. Thanks

Replies

• kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4!

Make sure you get one with a chest strap, they're the most accurate.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and have been happy with it. I agree that you should look for one with a chest strap.

Editing to add... apparently the big difference b/w FT7 and FT4 is how much historical workout data you can store. I honestly don't use that feature a whole lot anyway (I usually log on MFP within minutes of completing my exercise).
  • azrrt76
    azrrt76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love my FT4!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Definitely go for one with a chest strap - I started with a watch-only model, and found it was a pain in the neck to use, and wasn't nearly as accurate as the chest strap type. After about a month I upgraded to a chest strap model (bought mine on eBay - I have a New Balance N4, but had Polar models on my watchlist too - the NB just came up first!).
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would suggest getting one with a chest strap as they are better to calculate an accurate HR.

Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

I purchased a Polar FT40 last year to replace my old Polar (which didn't calculate calories burned) and I :heart: the FT40.

You can search the internet for specials and lowest prices if you are shopping for any HRM on sites like heart rate monitors usa dot com , Amazon, sporting stores, ebay, etc.

Also, search for online codes so that you can take advantage of any additional savings :wink:
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I just got a Sportsline Cardio 660 with a chest strap and like it!