Options

Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    go grab a bottle of seltzer water
  • sasvil9
    Options
    Add some Lemon, half a lemon squeezed in a glass, then add water...I even add a bit of no sodium seltzer water to make it fizzy....
    Also I make an apple cinn water....slice an apple -fuji makes it sweet tasting, and add it to a gallon jug, add a cinn stick and the fill with water, its better if this sit in the fridge over night....tastes better, and it tastes good! Like Apple Pie,Yummy!
    You can try lemon cucumber water, add lemon and cucumber to water...
    You can try mint lavender water...

the possibilities are endless....
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you don't like water then don't drink water. Your body needs fluids, that's truth, but it really doesn't care if it's water, tea, coffee, soda, fruit juice or just liquids from the food you eat. Did you know an apple is 85% water?

Your urine should be light yellow and you shouldn't be thirsty, otherwise don't worry about the 8 cups a water a day. Water has no magical weight loss properties. Stay hydrated however you want and move on.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Drink tea hot or cold decaffeinated like peach or hibiscus nice taste no sugar needed I count it as water
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Water has been my biggest change. When I first started my journey, I DESPISED WATER and always have. You couldn't pay me to drink it. But, there were three things I noticed when I drank water.

1.) The first thing being that I lose more pounds in a week (weigh in every Sunday) if my water intake is 8 cups or higher.

2.) The second thing I noticed is that I definitely feel fuller when I drink lots of water.

3.) The third thing I noticed was that after about 25 days of drinking nothing (and I do mean nothing) but ice cold water, I LOVE IT! I have to drink water now. My body doesn't seem to function well if I don't drink it.

I experimented. I put fruit in my water to give it a little taste. I put strawberries, watermelon, lemon slices and lime slices in it. Then, I started to freeze it and have ice chunks in it. Now, I can drink it without the added fruit.

But just do it. That's the only good advice I can really give because the quicker you start drinking it, the quicker your taste buds and body will become accustomed to it.

Good luck!
  • Federleicht1
    Options
    Hi, I stopped drinking water, I just forgot about it but its really important so that your body and your organs dont start shutting down especially your kidneys! Maybe you set your alarm in your phone every hour that reminds you that it is time to drink a glass of anything (whether its tea, water with flavor etc)
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Try tea or flavored water. You'll get used to drinking a lot of water. Sometimes you just have to do what you don't like to get results.
  • babigryl
    babigryl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not only do I not like water, I am not a big drinker period. For me, I bought myself a pretty Turvis cup (I swear by this thing!). I fill it with ice and water every morning when I get out of the bed. I chug half to all of it after I brush my teeth to start the day. And I find that as long as the water is cold, I will drink it. Room temperature water will not get touched!
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I find it odd that people don't like the taste of water. What does it taste like to you?

I don't like or dislike it. It is what it is.... water.

Can someone share with me what it is about the taste that they do not like? Does it matter if it is tap water, or spring water or designer water?

For me, that was the reason I didn't like it growing up and then going into my adult life.....it didn't taste like anything. I don't like food that doesn't taste like anything either.

But now, I cannot drink pure water and can always tell the difference between spring and pure. I am not touching tap water with a ten foot pole. Love spring water though....now!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Benefits of drinking water...

functions-of-water-in-the-body.jpg
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    It's good for you and free, what more could you ask for?
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get so caught up in the 8 glasses per day thing that you are forcing yourself to consume that much. If you are not thirsty you are probably adequately hydrated.

I make ice tea from Bigelow's Green Tea with WIld Blueberry. It has great flavor and doesn't need sweetener.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I will either drink tea or add a 5 calorie drink packet to one.. they have all flavors.. lemonade, pink lemonade, fruit punch, ect..

I do not like plain water either unless I am super thirsty, so I have to add stuff to it to make it drinkable.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    often we eat and drink without thinking which is why we are all on here in the first place... i carry around a water bottle and even in the car ..i drink it without thinking ..i like iced cold water ..sometimes i put fruit in it and let it set over night in a gallon jug like orange slices or strawberry slices ..it adds a bit of flavor to it without all them extra added sugary calories
  • myhealthy2013
    Options
    Buy unsweetened frozen fruit, strawberries, blueberries, mixed fruit. In a blender, fill with cold tap water, add the frozen fruit and liquefy! Tastes great. I use mango, peaches, strawberry mix. I use 1 cup frzen fruit to 5 cups water. Adjust to your blender size and taste.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I like Ice Chrystal flavored water. I get it at Sam's Club but have also seen it in the grocery store. It really is water but it's carbonated and has no calories, sodium, carbs, etc. It has some B vitamins and some green tea extract,. I love green tea, but I don't taste it in there, I only taste the flavors it says it is. Again, this is water, some of the flavored stuff out there isn't so beware, but my dietician confirmed for me that this is water. :drinker:
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee from the time I get up till the time I go to bed but I only allow myself to count 3 glasses of water towards my count. That's just my own thing. The rest of my water has to come from half and half flavored water.
  • Raythomas1
    Options
    i hate water too. I get it at restaurants, so that forces me to. but during the day when it counts, I drink bottled water because it tastes better than my tap water and also I HAVE to use flavoring packets. I use walmart generic's Lemon aid flavor and water melon and strawberry flavor. the other's kinda suck!

good luck to you!
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't like tap water either. I only like filtered water--have you tried filtering your water with a Brita or something similar? Also, the temp of your water could make a difference. I like cold water, but drink less water in the winter because it just makes me too cold. Warm water won't get touched by me, although I know that some people love to drink warm water with lemon. I despise ice that has a freezer burn taste, and that will ruin a glass of water for me. In the summer, I like to put sliced fruit in my water. Some of my favorites are oranges, blueberries, strawberries, grapefruit, lemon and lime. You could try adding a cucumber slice to your water to make 'spa' water. Lastly, try drinking your water out of a different cup. I don't like water out of our glassware--it has a funny smell to me. Our coffee cups are fine for water as well as disposable plastic tumblers, which I will reuse for several days. If you want to try a special treat, try sparkling water with a splash of white cranberry juice and a squeeze of lime. It's one of my favorite summer drinks.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Just start drinking it. You really do like water, you just don't think you do.