Bodypump

Options
Has anyone done Les Mills Bodypump? Did you get favorable results? How did you record the cardio in MFP? Thanks!

Replies

• Cindy22706
    Cindy22706 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This reply probably isnt helpful, but I have done it twice, once about 2 years ago and loved it, and once about 6 months ago and strained both of my quads and now im scared of it :( I love the class and how its strength but in a fun way, but Im just scared ill hurt myself again :/
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have done it and really enjoy it--love the results. I have put it in as circuit training. Not sure if that's exactly what to do, but for me, it's the closest I can find.
  • daisybug72
    daisybug72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love it. I did it for a few months before my wedding and found definition I didn't know was possible. It also made cardio easier because I had stronger muscles. I made my own excercise based on what they say you can burn in BodyPump although many people suggest a monitor to know exactly what you are burning. I have just started back to the gym and pump is my favourite group exercise.
  • rstein18
    rstein18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do it 2-3 times a week at the gym I go to, and I love it. Since you pick your own weight you can push yourself as much as you can which is great. As for logging it on MFP, I would recommend using a HRM watch.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I found some more information on their website and added an exercise to my database. I used 80% of what they said I would burn per minute, to be conservative. So, they say men burn 8.4 calories per minute and I added it at 6.7. I'm going to try it for a month in place of some other exercise and see how it goes.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i took a couple of classes at the gym in body pump ..really good workout !!!!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I did it for about 8 months. Really helped while I was in the weight loss phase. I used an HRM for calculating. It was usually around 300-350 calories per class for me.
  • THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do Body Pump 3 times a week. I love it! I wore a HRM for a couple of classes and it showed a 300 to 350 calorie burn for me.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about buying this program for home, to add to my twice a week personal training sessions. I need to burn more calories because I just eat too much, lol :)
  • SkinnyBeth4Life
    SkinnyBeth4Life Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I do BodyPump and love it. For me, I wear a HRM and burn ~500-600 calories per class depending on the instructor. Though, they say that when you lift weights you also burn additional calories for days after the fact.