wii games??

Options
We got a wii yesterday. It came with some sports games and we got Just Dance 4. Surprisingly, a good workout! I even wore my HRM to test it out!

Wondering about other games that might be good for fitness that do NOT require the wii fit balance board (did not get that). I see a Zumba one, anyone try that?

Thanks! And Happy New Year!

Replies

• kerriemoe
    kerriemoe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We got Just Dance 4 and Just Dance Disney; your post reminded me I have those for workout options on days it's too damn cold to run outside.

DH and I have gotten good workouts in the past punching each other out on Boxing, which is on... Wii Sports? Wii Games?
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I got Just Dance 3 and 4 and I attached my HRM to myself to see how well I did and I was really surprised at the results! I think you should try the zumba one, that is next on my list!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Whwn i first got my Wii I was addicted to Tennis - I play it on the Wii Play disc, but I think it's on a few others discs as well. I figure anything that gets you up off the couch and not snacking is a good thing - and it's FUN!

Good luck! And have fun!
  • healthymebetterme
    Options
    I've got Just Dance 2 and EA Sports Active Personal Trainer. Love them both! Great workouts.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly the sword fight in the Wii Resort Sports got me moving. lol.

I forgot about how much the Wii made moving around fun. Definitely have to start playing it more.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba and it's not my cup of tea...I just am not super coordinated and end up feeling like an idiot...
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wii Zumba 2 and Zumba Core is the way to go if you like dancing anyway. You get a great cardio workout! It took me about 2 weeks for each game to get the moves down, but I am generally burning about 600-700 calories an hour on a medium intensity hour long class, and I find it a lot of fun! :D
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba and I love it, but I did Zumba in a class before I got pregnant. (so, I think that helps a little)
    Your Shape with Jenny McCarthy - you can find it at used stores like Game Stop for cheap with a camera... that tracks your movement
    Wii Boxing, Wii Tennis
    Just Dance
  • LeeWorrall88
    Options
    Did you get the Wii or Wii U ?
  • michcruz
    michcruz Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba and I think that it's a great workout. I also have EA Active. There are multiple work outs on there where you can either follow the program or do your own thing. I also have some of the Jillian Michael's programs. You can use the balance board, but you don't need since you don't have it. Another one is Gold's Gym Cardio workout.
  • PaulFields56
    PaulFields56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kathybro75
    kathybro75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have a Wii since last Christmas and I love it for working out as the kids get up off their bums too. I have Just Dance 1,3 and 4. They are all brilliant and you don't feel like you are working out. I also bought Zumba fitness a few weeks ago. This is a good workout too but I find the Just Dance ones easier to follow. The boxing on wii sports is a really good fun too especially in the training section there is a game where you have to keep punching the bunch bags to knock them down. Have fun whichever games you choose.
  • lenibells
    lenibells Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Providing you like his music, the Michael Jackson Experience is a great game. I have the Zumba game, and having done classes and in comparison to Just Dance I'm not a fan but it's really all about what you like. It's always worth conisdering ebaying for used older games like the earlier versions of Just Dance, I have 1,2 & 3 and still play them all.
  • sophiek1964
    sophiek1964 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love wii Zumba 2! I highly recommend it. EA Active is also a good well rounded workout.
  • Thickchicapes40
    Thickchicapes40 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love the zumba workout for wii.. :) Its tons of fun.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I like EA Active. It comes with fitness bands and monitors. I used it for quite awhile and really enjoyed it!
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    i have the zumba 1 and its a great game...the only think i dont like is it comes with a belt that you have to put your wii remote in..i hate belts..but its pretty good...theres also this jenny mccarthy workout game...it comes with a camera type thing you put on your tv and it shows you on tv while working out..she tells you what to do and kind of keeps you motivated while working out with her
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    love my zumba!:smile:
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii EA Sports Personal Trainer and love love love it.. I also have used Zumba with my HRM and burned 655 calories in 50 mins which is fantastic, but have since slacked off the zumba due to a slight knee injury.. Tennis is also great, the most accurate way to calculate calories burned playing these 'fitness games' is to wear a HRM with a chest strap, good luck and have fun doing it
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    It depends on what kind of workout you want. If you did not exercise before wiisports can get you moving. For pure cardio dance games are great. These includetne just dance series, Zumba, and golds gym cardio workouts. For a well rounded workout try the EA Active series. These included cardio and strength training. Honestly try reading reviews on amazon. They are usually a good guide for exercise variety and controler accuracy. Both are critical for a good workout you'll stick with.