cheap hrm with strap in store

Options
hey guys i want to get an hrm and i was wondering if you knew of any stores that carry them and how much they go for. and im looking for one with a chest strap so i can have a constant read and more accuracy. no online please cuz i dont want to pay for shipping lol.

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Try Walmart or Target.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    so funny...i went to walmart today at lunch to see...they have some off brand ones from 30-50 dollars, but i went to academy sports and they have the polar rs100 for 89....seems to be nicer and thats what im going with
  • jquintinjr
    Options
    ya the walmart ones are one touch. you have to touch your finger to the metal part for it to read and there not very accurate. i was thinkin sports authority, maybe one for like 60 with a strap
  • kingking
    kingking Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    so funny...i went to walmart today at lunch to see...they have some off brand ones from 30-50 dollars, but i went to academy sports and they have the polar rs100 for 89....seems to be nicer and thats what im going with

Unless you're a runner, I'd back off the rsXXX...I bought an rs300 and the UI is annoying. It takes several screens of clicking around to get my calorie count (which is what I care about). These HRMs are set up for runners and want to give you instant access to lap times and total distance covered (if you hook them to a GPS) and stuff like that...calorie count is a distant third priority. (They'll still give you the calorie counts, they just make it harder to get.)

So I bought a second unit (yes, I'm a gadget freak)...A Polar FT7 and the UI is much nicer for just watching my heart rate and calorie counts.
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    I bought a sportline sx at walmart 3 days ago for $47.77. The a friend bought me a polar today. I lost my receipt :mad: ....want a Sportline? I used it once (along with my old hrm...it was surprisingly accurate!) Sorry, this Sportline SX comes with a chest strap.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,117 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar 6, best piece of weight loss/ exercise equipment I ever bought. If you will be using it outdoors, make sure it is waterproof or repellent, and if you are using it at a gym, make sure they have the feature (can't remember what it is called) that blocks interference from other peoples' HRMs. Mine does both, I use it in the pool, I've used it 3-5 times a week for almost two years and still haven't replaced the battery. (With Polar, be aware, you can't change your own battery, have to send it to them).

I wouldn't trade it for the world. Easy to use, and has large easy to read screen.

Go to Amazon.com and research the different ones and read peoples' reviews - it'll help you know what you need to look for.
  • bighurt
    Options
    I went to Walmart last week and bought a sportline with strap for about 45 dollars. It seems to work great whether I'm running or lifting weights.