50 + year olds, looking to loose 50+ pounds?

Options
Any 50+ year olds out there, looking to loose 50+ pounds? Please feel free to send me a friend request. I'm looking to form a small, but meaningful support group here. If you are like me and feel lost in a crowd, but need some major motivation.....let's talk!

Replies

• jp2304
    jp2304 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello,
    I will be 50 this year and am looking to lose 60 poungs by my birthday at the end of November. I work full time, so I don't have a lot ot time, but am looking for an upbeat group that wants to support one another.
  • Gingeeee
    Options
    Hi, I am 59 yrs old and have exactly 50lbs to lose. I have been on this site for awhile and I have lost almost 60lbs since January of last year. I have alot of struggles with the carbs. I exercise 5 days a week. I would like some support or should I say more support than I have at the moment. I am interested in a small group of ladies in this age group.
  • Special2013
    Special2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    YES will be 50 this year June looking to lose 50 started july last year coasted from november until now down 16 lbs. looking to lose 50 more.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I am 59, looking to lose at least 50 pounds. I have been successful on MFP in the past, restarting after some very stressful months off.
  • deb5512
    deb5512 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and looking to lose more than 50 pounds. I am just starting to use this program. I would love to communicate with a group, so as to keep motivated.
  • ssb1662
    ssb1662 Posts: 26
    Options
    I am 58, have lots of weight to lose, but want to get rid of 25 lbs. by June 12 - my one year anniversary off of chemo. Would love to have a cheerleading crew AND BE a cheerleader for others.
  • ssb1662
    ssb1662 Posts: 26
    Options
    Good for you!
  • Demolady50
    Options
    I might be one of the older ones here. I'm 66 and need to lose 35 lbs to keep from ruining my totally replaced knees. I'm doing great so far even though it is hard to exercise. Good luck to you. I hope to meet my goal by May 1 st.
  • Demolady50
    Options
    I might be one of the older ones here. I'm 66 and need to lose 35 lbs to keep from ruining my totally replaced knees. I'm doing great so far even though it is hard to exercise. Good luck to you. I hope to meet my goal by May 1 st.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi Colliegirl and all,

I am 49, turning 50 this May.
    I am looking at losing 20-25kg.
    Feel free to send me a friend request.

Ben
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    59 years old, probably have another 40 pounds to lose. Unfortunately, although I've been consistent with sticking to my plan (other than getting enough exercise), I keep gaining and losing the same 2-3 pounds. Gah! I'm so tired of it!
  • duesterj
    duesterj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, please! Just joined, 52, and trying to figure out where to start. Losing 50 pounds would be perfect!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Be 50 in July and need to lose 50 pounds.Please send me a pm and friend request so I know you added me. thank you so much!
  • fit4fifties
    fit4fifties Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all...My name is Debbie-turning 54 in June and need to loose approx. the same number of pounds in weight...lol. Looking for challenges & encouragement to finally get me back to my normal weight again.this year. We can do this!
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi! I will be 50 in October, looking to lose 80 pounds, feel free to add me.
  • howdye
    howdye Posts: 2
    Options
    :smile: I am 60+ and looking to loose 35 lds, I am new to MFP. will I do.
  • gem4321
    Options
    Hello all

Been here few weeks enjoying the site so far .........58yrs and 53lbs to go feel free to send me friend request .......could do with some help along the way.

Good Luck all
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Your topic described me 6 months ago. So my reason for posting is to offer encouragement and let you know it can be done.

Log everything you eat
    Don't eat back all the calories if you use MFP to calculate exercise calories
    Understand the loss wont be linear and you will have bad days.

If you want to add me as a friend for encouragement feel free to do so.
  • caroline1955
    Options
    I am 57 and my goal is to loose 100 lbs. looking forward to a New Me. :smile:
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll be 60 this year, and looking to lose up to 70 pounds. However, I don't know how practical that is due to having worked out, somewhat regularly, over the years. About 10 years ago I lost roughly 40 plus pounds then gained it all back. My pitfalls were stress and time related to work, ;and, of course, the bad eating habits that went on to support them. I made a strategic decision last year to go for life and health over money / work, and retired. I now have the time and have been going to gym regularly and finding other outdoor activities while trying to stay off my *kitten*. I have also been focusing on good nutrition, which I find to be so much easier now that I'm retired. Honestly, at this point, roughly 7 months later, I am feeling good about everything. I have seen some decent fat loss and now need to reassess and fully implement a plan. It took 30 years to get where I am today, so I'm not looking to undo things in a few months, maybe not even a year. Key for me will be lifestyle change, learning a lot more about proper nutrition, and finding activities that keep me out of the chair. I know I can do it. I just need to keep adjusting my accelerator downwards from prior career to where I am truly living in the moment, living each minute / hour of today instead of thinking about what is happening later today, tomorrow, or in the future (certainly not dwelling on the past). Obviously, I need to spend some time planning the future, reviewing to learn from past, but that time should be minimal compared to time spend living today. So for me, not all about losing weight, but doing what is needed to gain back life.