Stuborn Belly

Options
Hello! I have been exercising and dieting for 3 months now. I have lost weight and do see the changes in my body. HOWEVER...the stomach area seems to do nothing. I have lost about an inch off but the love handles are still very prominent and so is my belly. I have had 2 children so I"m sure it will take some extra work to get that muscle back but I try and try and to no avail from what I see in the mirror. Any tips? I'd be so happy to try anything that may work. Thanks!!! :happy:

300866.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• happy_bunny19
    Options
    You are doing everything right. Before you see actual fat lost you will see inches first i am going through that right now. I talked to my doctor about that and he said just keep eatting right and excerise.
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    i have the same damn problem!! ive had 4 kids and im thinkin ill always have a lil excess skin. ive lost 18 lbs too and im just noticing it in my back/chest so far. im guessin ill see my stomach go last, unfortunately!!! id like to see some tips ppl post too :)
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Our body burns away the fat from where it wants to. It will come off that area when it wants to. You can do exercises to tone those muscles so when the fat is gone you will have some muscle tone in that area.
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I hear that kickboxing and cardio are great for burning fat off your belly. I noticed it with my "love handles" first though.
    I have been doing 30 day shred for about a month. I don't do it every day. I rotate it with Biggest Loser Boot camp. I love it! I am starting to see some 6 pack abs in there and I have had 3 kids! Keep working out and watching what you eat and you will see results!! I have also heard that stress can cause women to keep fat on their bellies longer.....working it out can help eliminate stress :wink:
    Good Luck!!
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Meeee tooooo :sad: !!!
    I read some place that we lose fat equally everywhere, but that certain areas (like the belly, per say...) have more fat cells, so it takes longer... I don't know if this makes sense...
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I read some place that we lose fat equally everywhere, but that certain areas (like the belly, per say...) have more fat cells, so it takes longer... I don't know if this makes sense...

It's not actually the number of fat cells that make us fat, but the amount of fat in each cell
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options

It's not actually the number of fat cells that make us fat, but the amount of fat in each cell

Yeaaa... it might make more sense the way you wrote it!... I wrote it the way I remembered, but I wasn't sure...
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, and I've never had kids. I recently won an appointment with a personal trainer in a drawing at my gym and I asked her for any suggestions for losing weight and inches around my waist and abdomen. Here are the new things she recommended:
    -- Circular crunches on the Bosu ball. You lie on your back with your upper back on the ball and your hands in fists over your chest. You lift your chest as you rotate in slow circles from left to right. Do it about 5 times then reverse and do it in the other direction. Build up to 3 sets and increase the difficulty by moving higher on the Bosu ball.
    -- Plank pose. You probably know what this is. You lie face down on the floor on a mat with your arms in front of you forming a triangle and your elbows flat. Raise your lower body up off the mat keeping your toes, elbows and forearms on the mat. Hold this plank pose for one minute if you can. If not, keep doing it for a little longer each time. Once you get good at it, make it harder by lifting one leg off the ground while holding the plank pose for 1 minute. Then do the same with the other leg. You will definitely feel it in your core.
    -- Lunge. Stand with your feet a couple of feet apart. Lunge forward with one leg and go into a deep bend, bending both knees. Then bring your lunging leg back to the original position and do it with the other leg. Do it about 10 times per leg. Once you get good at it, start doing it with a small weight in each hand.
    -- Leg press. This is a weight machine in the gym that really works your core. You can start out by doing it with no additional weight but work up until you can do 10 presses with 45 or so pounds on each side of the bar.

She said the main thing is that you don't just keep doing the same old exercises with the same amount of weight. As you get stronger, be sure to add more weight and/or more repetitions.

I can't say I've seen instant results, but I've only been doing it for about a week. Anyway, hope it helps!
  • iheartjillian
    Options
    You are doing everything right. Before you see actual fat lost you will see inches first i am going through that right now. I talked to my doctor about that and he said just keep eatting right and excerise.

That's so good to know!! Thank you. :smile:
  • iheartjillian
    Options
    i have the same damn problem!! ive had 4 kids and im thinkin ill always have a lil excess skin. ive lost 18 lbs too and im just noticing it in my back/chest so far. im guessin ill see my stomach go last, unfortunately!!! id like to see some tips ppl post too :)

I am noticing the weight loss in those areas too. I guess it's just something to be patient about...which is not too easy when you want to see the difference now.
  • iheartjillian
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions and information! I greatly appreciate it. Sometimes it's nice to know you're not alone in the battle! :smile: