BBV vs IT Works

Options

Replies

• Alford96
    Options
    no, actually I'm not although I realize that this whole post most likely is. They tried it, it worked
    FOR THEM and they have suffered no ill effects. You add fruit to the shakes so isn't fruit healthy? They ate healthy dinners and exercised in addition to the meal replacement shakes. I, personally, don't think meal replacement shakes are such a ridiculous idea for those that can manage it. What's the diff really between that and protein shakes? Not something that I would do but if you choose one that has fiber, protein, vitamins, etc... and not some "wonder drug", go for it, just do it healthily. the OP asked for positive comments and that's what I gave him.

Have a nice day and Happy New Year!
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello. :)
    I would stay away from the BBV shakes. I personally have never heard of the wraps. I have too many friends that have tried BBV. Sure, they lose weight, but they are consuming way less calories than they normally would. It is not healthy to cut calories that dramatically. Your metabolism will slow way down, which will cause your body to store more fat. Long story short - it's a quick fix. Once you start eating normally, the weight will almost always come back. Quick fixes and diets don't work.

If I could recommend anything, I would suggest (especially after the holidays, we all struggled and need to shed the memories of the dessert table) clean up your diet, and eat 5-6 small meals per day, and incorporate exercise. Weight loss and maintaining a goal weight is all about a lifestyle change. I still eat all of the foods I want (yes, even french fries), just in moderation and I exercise 5 times per week. Just get moving and you will see results.
    18353201.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    why would you not want to hear negative experiences? that doesn't even make sense. if a product gave many people an allergic reaction or didn't work as specified I would want to know. why bother asking anything if you are only going to read what you want to hear?

I was basically going to say something like this. Basically he is saying "I want eveyone's input so long as it is an endorsement of what I have already decided to do."
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose between the two (and regulated solid food and increased exercise was not an option), I would take BBV over It Works. BBV, at least, starves you so you lose weight. It Works is just a scam all around.

But might I suggest you just try decreasing your input and increasing your output?
    (Translation: eat less, exercise more)
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    why would you not want to hear negative experiences? that doesn't even make sense. if a product gave many people an allergic reaction or didn't work as specified I would want to know. why bother asking anything if you are only going to read what you want to hear?

I was basically going to say something like this. Basically he is saying "I want eveyone's input so long as it is an endorsement of what I have already decided to do."

Bahahhahahahah. Awesome.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    OK,
    So here's the deal. I let myself go and put on a few LBs over the Holidays
    Yeah, me too.
    I have narrowed it down to these two options.
    there's your problem. looking for a gimmick to lose what you put on over the holidays. I'm willing to bet $20 that a good bit of it is water retention, and if you eat a healthy/complete/pre-holiday diet... the number on the scale will change

There is no lasting quick fix. Sorry to be that guy that didn't abide by your "don't tell me that I'm doing something dumb" rule.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose by summer, you don't have to lose fast. That is 6 months away! I suggest doing something that is healthier and more permanent. But I have a feeling you don't want to hear what I suggest. Sounds like your mind is made up.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Jazzercise
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If your want a temporary fix, just buy both. If you want a permanent fix, a moderate calorie deficit and a good workout program will do.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    The problem I have had with BBV is that I was super hungry on it... the shakes did not fill me up or keep me full very long (they are full of fruit, quick carbs!)... However, I've watched some video's on Youtube from a guy "CoachWilliams" and it makes sense on how to eat with the shakes... It hink what most people don't understand is that the shakes are a supplement, not suppose to be the only thing you eat.

CoachWilliams described a typical day:

SHake
    Workout
    Breakfast (like 5 egg whites!)
    Snack
    Shake
    Snack
    Dinner
    Snack

Never once did he say to only shake and I think that is where I went wrong in the first place, and most people fail on the program.. and are also mislead to believe it's a fad diet... the shakes are suppose to be PART of your eating, not the only thing you eat!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Jazzercise

This,

Jazzercise plus It Works! wraps (there is an exclamation in the name, please don't forget).

Those two are responsible for this awesome tattoo I developed!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Why not just buy a case of enemas? They're cheaper. You aren't going to find positive posts about any quick weight loss gimmick around here.

Calorie restriction, exercise, effort....rest for 8 hours and repeat. Do this for 6 months and you'll forget about wasting money on HCG or MLM schemes.
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The problem I have had with BBV is that I was super hungry on it... the shakes did not fill me up or keep me full very long (they are full of fruit, quick carbs!)... However, I've watched some video's on Youtube from a guy "CoachWilliams" and it makes sense on how to eat with the shakes... It hink what most people don't understand is that the shakes are a supplement, not suppose to be the only thing you eat.

SHake
    Workout
    Snack
    Shake
    Snack
    Dinner
    Snack

Never once did he say to only shake and I think that is where I went wrong in the first place, and most people fail on the program.. and are also mislead to believe it's a fad diet... the shakes are suppose to be PART of your eating, not the only thing you eat!

I agree with this but that certainly isn't how it's being promoted. It is being sold as a meal replacement.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Used both...my wallet got a lot thinner!

My suggestion...eat healthy and move. Those holiday pounds will come off quickly.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options

SHake
    Workout
    Snack
    Shake
    Snack
    Dinner
    Snack

I agree with this but that certainly isn't how it's being promoted. It is being sold as a meal replacement.

Agree 100% - the advertisements as well as the people promoting it are very misleading
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You almost got me. You trickster.

Shakeology all the way baby.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Bugger all the stuff that's already been mentioned. What you really need is a tug toner!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Just do the coffee colon cleanse. That should do something for you, and you already have the ingredients on hand!

Edited to add: Shakeweights too.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys, I loved reading this thread.

Also, I'd love me some shakeweights. My bf has one built right in so I just use his.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Jazzercise

Just remember Jazzercise only works if you're dressed like this:
    jazzercise.jpg

I mean really, they can't all be wrong, can they?
    Jazzexercise_Main.jpg