Hi!

Options
I am a 34 year old mama from Ohio and have a wonderful husband of 3 years, love of my life for 6 years. I have a 2 year old daughter who taught me what love is. I have been fat since I was 8 years old and have binge-eaten throughout my whole life. I can easily gain 5+ lbs in seriously one day. When I was 25, I started Weight Watchers and over the course of a couple of years, I lost nearly 100lbs. I put a few back on here and there over the next few years after that, but i was happy, felt good and for the first time in my life, felt like ME - and not me trapped in a huge body.

In 2010, I got pregnant with my daughter and I thought that was license to eat like a frickin pig for 9 months straight..and eat the nastiest food around. Let's just say that by the time I went to the hospital to have my girl, I was hoping I was about to give birth to an 80-lb baby. NO SUCH LUCK. So hear I am, 2 years later, still can't bend over to pick up my cell phone if I drop it in the car, can't cross my legs very well and I am currently sitting here with my jeans unbuttoned.

I've had enough. Stop talking about it and doing nothing about it. Stop making excuses. Stop wishing I could fit into the entire wardrobe packed away in totes in the basement.

DO IT. There's no choice. On day 1, I have already passed, and paused at, a plate of cookies in the lunch room at work. I whispered "nothing tastes as good as BEING ME FEELS." I continued walking and got my blackberries out of the fridge.

That's me in a nutshell! I have always found that support, whether in person or virtual, is ESSENTIAL in the weight loss process!! Can't wait to get to know all of you!

Replies

• Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi there! While I'm not a mother, so I don't know what it's like to carry pregnancy weight, I do know what it's like to be in certain situations where you think you have the perfect excuse to eat anything you want. I'd love to help in any way I can. I was on Weight Watchers for nearly a year and lost 25 pounds, which I've mostly kept off for the last six years, and only recently started to creep up. I know WW works, but I'm looking to see if I can lose weight on my own, by learning the foods I should eat and the exercise I should do, and not turn everything into points.

I'm always here if you need anything!
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply and friend request! I also know WW works but don't want to shell out the 60-dollar start-up cost for online OR pay 20 bucks a month to lose weight. I love the tools MFP offers and am very excited to be using the tools and community! I also am liking following my calorie, fat, carb, protein and fiber intake versus the point system!

Thank you for reaching out, I'm sure I'll be needing plenty of support! And of course I hope to be able to help you in any way I can also!

I'd say luck to us both, but we don't need it!! :)
  • Wilma123abc
    Wilma123abc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI there!

Im wilma, i have 2 children. a son who is nearly 17 and in school and a daughter who is 21 and in her final year of university. I am new to internet diets and i am looking to add some new friends for the much needed inspiration and motivational boost. i am looking to get back to my pre pregnancy weight of 110 pounds. please feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi Wilma! Thanks for the reply, we'll do this together! Request coming your way.