I just don't Understand

Options
I read on the message boards about people that have gotten to their goal weight only to have to come back again and again to lose it all over again. Why not just switch it to maintain and stay. If we could do it on our own we wouldn’t need this site to help us.

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Some decide not to stay because they need to learn how to do it on their own.

You can't count calories forever. I think the goal here is to learn how to lose weight the right way and change your lifestyle. If you properly change your lifestyle you don't need to count calories. It's those who fall back on their bad habits that gain the weight back. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who were here, lost their weight and now don't come back and have learned the lifestyle change needed. Usually, those who are here because they look at it as a "diet" will gain the weight back.

You can lose weight and stop counting calories and maintain that loss forever. You just can't fall back into old habits that caused you to gain weight in the first place.