Options
2»

Replies

• RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    What worked for me so far:

Honesty with yourself is critical.

Determination/commitment to stick it out through good/bad, health/sickness, richer/poorer.. Consider it like marrying a promise to yourself.

Walking deliberately. Not just walking as a part of your job, but going out for 20-40-60 minutes a day, every other day, every 3 days, and sticking to it.

Drink loads of gross, nasty, icky water.

Don't expect overnight results, the scale IS your friend - how you interpret what it tells you is entirely your problem.

Keep a journal noting your successes, whether its a longer distance walked, faster pace, looser pants, less out of breath on stairs, whatever. It helps keep the entire thing as a BIG PICTURE for you when it gets tough.

This one is semi optional, but has yielded awesome results for me. Eat as close to the food source as you can tolerate.
    You don't have to give up sugar, I refuse to. But do you really want the candy bar more than you want to lose that 1 more pound?

Finally - my important rule of thumb for me. Never say no. You can TOO eat that, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. So you want that candybar more than to lose 1lb right now. So eat it, log it, move on.

Form good habits you can live with for longer than 6 weeks.
  • JessKrcmar
    JessKrcmar Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, these are great so far! I have a notepad and am jotting things down, and a huge smile on my face!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    find an exercise you enjoy and use the time spent doing it as your de-stressing time/your time/wedding free time. as it gets closer and closer to your big day you'll need it. congratulations!