New to MFP, 50 lbs to lose. Need support =)

Options
Hey, everyone! I guess you can't call it "baby" weight when the "baby" is 3, huh? I think my biggest hurdles are -being hungry all the time -eating portions that are too big -skipping meals and overindulging later -late night snacking (I WAH at night and it's easy to just go in the kitchen and grab something) -hard to get motivated to exercise b/c I'm tired all the time.

I know I can do this because I did it before I got pregnant (in order to get pregnant) but I really need support and positive reinforcement! Mostly I want to be a good example for my daughter, be healthy, feel good and look good. But we're also thinking about another baby and I will NOT go there until I'm at a healthy weight. Would love to make friends to share tips and support!

Replies

• Krissi921
    Krissi921 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started to work on losing the baby weight when my babies were 9,7 and 4! Doesn't matter when you start, just as long as you do! You can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • mafazzino
    Options
    I am renewed to MFP and need to lose 50+ pounds. My twins are three! Please feel free to add me as a friend! We can do this!
  • timorm
    timorm Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:smile:
  • AmandaJulia1981
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 50 lbs as well. I lost some after I had my daughter almost 5 yrs ago, then had my son and now that he's 18 months old, I have FINALLY got the motivation to get back in shape. Please feel free to add me to your friends - I' need the support too! :)
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Thanks =) I thrive on positive reinforcement and love to be a cheerleader for others! Does anyone have tips regarding the exercise tracker? I had just shy of 1200 calories yesterday but when I added my exercise (just a short walk) it reduced my intake and wanted me to eat more, which I didn't feel totally comfortable with. I wasn't hungry but I was craving chocolate and I was afraid I've overindulge. I was good but I'm just wondering how much more it's going to tell me to eat when I REALLY work out!
  • Shuleran
    Shuleran Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am new today too and I also want to lose 50 pounds. I have used the excuse --" I just had twins" for years and they are 14 years old now!! I could use the support too. We can do this!!!!
  • jenmiddle
    jenmiddle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm here for support! My goal is similar ... lose 50lbs to keep up with my amazing 8 and 4 year olds!:smile:
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    Options
    I have 50 lbs to lose as well. I am down 19 lbs, so 30-35 lbs more to go! It seems like such a feat to accomplish, as I've never really tried to lose weight, except for one other time and I stopped at 20 lbs. I'm not going to be satisfied with that this time! My "babies" are almost 8 years old, almost 5 years old, and two years old! :smile: