Hey all! 50+ lbs to lose, could use some support.

Options
Laurend224
Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
I'm actually afraid to step on the scale, so I'm not quite sure how far I have to go. :-) After 3 kids, the baby factory has been shut down and I'd like to get back into the size 8 shorts I was wearing before my newest arrival. He'll be a year in February and it's time to say goodbye to all the extra insulation having kids has left me. I'm so glad to have found MFP and I hope to make this a new start and be a healthy example for my kids.

Replies

• amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am back at it today as well and I would like to lose 60 total. I too was afraid to step ont he scale this morning, I didn't want to get discouraged and quit right away so for the first month I am going by how my clothes fit (none fit right now). I am counting my calories and hitting the gym at least 3 times a week. I have 4 kids so I know exactly where you are ocming from!
  • annaliciab
    annaliciab Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I too want to lose at least 40 lbs. I'm here to help in your efforts if you help in mine....:-) I know with all of this community support, we can all do this together!!! Good Luck!!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I will be religiously journaling and also going by how my jeans fit. After my 4 year old was born, I went from 240 to 145ish, but I was on adipex and never bothered to develop healthy eating or exercising habits. (kicking myself now) Due to the price and an occasional psychotic breakdown ;-) and sleeplessness from the meds, I am vowing to make this a healthy lifestyle. Sure I can lose weight with adipex, but I value my marriage. = )
  • cserg
    cserg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren-

Feel free to add me. I have been on this for about 6 months and will admit to a bit of slacking the last few. But I am back on board and so excited to kick it into gear again. I love MFP and I hope you do to.

Carrie
  • GiainJersey
    Options
    Great goal we are all here to help with continual motivation. I am jumping back in as of this afteroon (after work). You can add if if you'd like.
  • newdaynewdawnnewme1
    Options
    Hey there Beautiful people!

I am 44 the mother of 2 wonderful GROWN sons and the wife to the most supportive and beautiful woman I know! So now you know 2 things about me...1. I'm old and 2. I'm Gay......neither should be an issue.

I just got back from a week long vacation on Daytona Beach...after my 2nd day there when I was tooo out of breath and too tired to walk on the beach with my Lavi's I knew THIS IS IT I have GOT to lose this weight for health reasons! I'm happy with me, but not happy with my health as a result of bing happy with me! This "I'll start on Monday" thing sucks and doesnt work cause Monday never comes!.......So I have a good 100+ lbs to lose, you support me, I'll support you and we'll ALL reach our goals!

Peace Out!
    Missy

Ps my profile pic is me and my dear departed Momma; she's another reason I want to drop this weight. Momma had bad Diabetes and passed last year.
  • kellieym
    kellieym Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have 50+ pounds to lose too and am committed to staying on the wagon this year. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend for support and encouragement!