Body Bugg

Options
Looking into buying one. It is a little expensive so I just wanted to get some feedback from those who have one. Do you really like it? Is it worth the money? and is the website easy to use? Also what is the difference from the body bugg then any other heart rate/calorie monitor???? Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    I would like to see some information on this as well. :o)
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The GoWear Fit is the same product marketed under a different name and it's cheaper. So, if you decide you want something like this, I'd do some price comparisons between the two and get whatever has the best deal.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I remember hearing something about it involving an online subscription. You can find some more information by doing a search on the forums, There are a few threads about it.
  • ZacharysMom
    Options
    yeah there is a monthly subscription. It actually looks like the body bugg is cheeper monthly and for the item.
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I just bought one...and I love it! I have had it for a little over a week and it is SO motivational. I have the watch/monitor and would never have one without it. I just love to look down and see the calories per minute I am burning! I know when I look down and am lower than 2 per minute it is time to get up and get moving!

The website is a pain in the *kitten*...just my opinion! I use the bug and enter my colories burned into MFP. I have it under BB and alway list it as 1 minute of exercise (so I don't screw up that counter) and then put the number of calories burnt over and above what MFP gives you. So...for example...if BB tells me I burnt 3200 calories and MFP has my set burnt calories at 2220, I put BB in at 1 minute for 980 calories.

From what I understand, a regular heart monitor is only accurate during an acutual workout...BB is even accurate when you are sleeping!

Hope this helps...any other questions, feel free to let them flow!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I just bought one...and I love it! I have had it for a little over a week and it is SO motivational. I have the watch/monitor and would never have one without it. I just love to look down and see the calories per minute I am burning! I know when I look down and am lower than 2 per minute it is time to get up and get moving!

The website is a pain in the *kitten*...just my opinion! I use the bug and enter my colories burned into MFP. I have it under BB and alway list it as 1 minute of exercise (so I don't screw up that counter) and then put the number of calories burnt over and above what MFP gives you. So...for example...if BB tells me I burnt 3200 calories and MFP has my set burnt calories at 2220, I put BB in at 1 minute for 980 calories.

From what I understand, a regular heart monitor is only accurate during an acutual workout...BB is even accurate when you are sleeping!

Hope this helps...any other questions, feel free to let them flow!

That math just confused the heck out of me ,lol. I don't think I would be interested in the whole website part of it myself. I just want to know what I have burned, and I don't like the idea of another monthly bill.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My friends who have these rave about them.... until their subscription runs out. :laugh: Then they stop using them.

This is what has stopped me from buying one as tempting as it's been.

I would love to know what my BMR is for sure and what I burn in exercise. I have a HRM, but it's flaky, and I have an expensive scale that tells me my muscle mass and BMR. But I don't trust it 100% -- it's just an estimate, after all.

Here are some good comparisons between the two:

http://nutrition-supplement.org/bodybugg-vs-gowear-fit/
    http://www.leighpeele.com/gowear-fit-and-bodybugg-a-comparison
  • ZacharysMom
    Options
    the math confused me too hahaha....I was a little set back with the monthly fee but you know what it's not that expensive. If you pay for a year out right you pay less then $7 a month. I don't think thats too bad and I'm really into seeing what I've burned and what I should be doing.