Lean Cuisine for a quick meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• MizMegan
    Options
    You may be having a harder time losing the weight because the sodium in those meals is outrageous. I have been guilty of eating something similar from time to time, but it causes you to retain a lot of water. It isn't the healthiest choice. A good idea would be to put together a week's worth of meals for you to grab and go. You can put together salads with all the fixin's, with dressing in a separate, smaller container and kept inside with it. You can add grilled chicken or tuna or something as well. You can mix it up with different dressings, croutons, etc. and include a fruit. Then, instead of grabbing the lean cuisine, you can grab your pre-made salad. http://fitcurves.tumblr.com/post/17490890680/physicalphoenix-discipline-people-who-have-low This can give you some ideas.
  • tinytasha7
    tinytasha7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of lean cuisines for a quick meal at work mainly and I am not sure if this is a good choice. I work a lot of hours and also am in full time school so I do not have a lot of time to cook my meals. So far I am not really losing anything but I am not sure if that is from these low calorie meals or from my stress levels about my weight gain this past year. I am always logging my calories and am in the 1200 calorie zone but still am gaining.
    I am 26 years old
    height 5' 1 1/2"
    Weight 165
    Goal weight is 135

What can I do that will not break my bank account and lose weight?

I tried using Lean Cuisine and even though my calories weren't that bad, I actually gained a LOT of weight due to water retention. You would be better off picking one day a week or month and do a whole load of cooking and freeze it yourself. I have been doing well with this method. When I started, I was working 2 jobs and having to maintain a household for my family. Talk about having almost NO time. I had NO days off for more than a year. I had to just do what I could in between everything I had going.

Make yourself a priority. it really is worth it.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Honestly, when I was counting calories before (and then stopped and yo-yo'd right back up), I lost 40lbs and ate 1 lean cuisine a day from Monday-Friday. I also drank 10-12 cups of water a day, some with the sugar free drink mixes in, or iced tea with sweet n low. All of these are things people say you shouldn't do but it worked for me! If I'd only stuck to it I'd be on the success story page right now but...I didn't. haha

You have to find things to work with your schedule, and you'll only know that through trial and error. Good luck!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Yeah if I eat one, which is rare, it's because I'm really tired, and I have the sodium in my log to spare. cus it's so salty, aquatic life would have a hard time living in it.

Don't make it your soul consumption, however, nor more frequent then say every other week. It's not the worst, but it's not the best either.

I was told by my ex that I have no soul, so is it okay if I make lean cuisine my main source of food?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Yeah if I eat one, which is rare, it's because I'm really tired, and I have the sodium in my log to spare. cus it's so salty, aquatic life would have a hard time living in it.

Don't make it your soul consumption, however, nor more frequent then say every other week. It's not the worst, but it's not the best either.

I was told by my ex that I have no soul, so is it okay if I make lean cuisine my main source of food?

*dies laughing*

And to the OP - you may not be losing because you may need to eat more.

If you want, check out this link by MFPer Heliotsdan - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

It'll give you a detailed walkthrough (with pictures even) on finding your TDEE and calculating what you should be eating.

Also, if you are worried about the calorie intake, I also suggest you read this thread that has numerous people who met their goals and are maintaining. Some for years and they also provide their calorie intake and how often they work out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/816542-let-s-hear-it-for-maintainenance

As for Lean Cuisine - sometimes I eat them...not too often. The sodium is really high and I'll only eat if I am busy (or too lazy to cook..lol).
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    They are okay but 1200 is a low amount of food. Generally people who are gaining at this number could stand to eat more to lose. I lost no more weight at 1420 than I did at 2100. Make sure you try to exercise. 1500 or 1600 net would be a better try for a month then adjust. I don't find those meals very filling either...
  • BlueDancer
    BlueDancer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For a quick, frozen dinner meal I'd suggest Amy's Light and Lean meals. None of the additives that Lean Cuisine uses, and Amy's meals (especially the Light and Lean ones) are chock full of vegetables and other whole food goodness. I really like the Asian Ginger Stir-fry one with rice noodles.