Low Carb Recipes or Ideas Please

Back in Nov I had to start watching my carb intake. I'm reaching out to see who else is low-carbin' it! I would like to come up with different low carb breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack ideas. Below is a recipe that one of my co-workers brought to a potluck at work....Enjoy!

Spinach Breakfast Brownies

Ingredients:
1 (10 oz) pkg spinach, rinsed & chopped (or you could use frozen spinach)
1 c. all-purpose flour (or you could do 1/2 c. all purpose & 1/2 c. wheat flour)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
4 eggs (or you could use egg whites)
1 c. fat free milk
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 med onion, chopped
1 (8 oz) pkg shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
2. If you use fresh spinach - Place spinach in a medium sauce pan w/enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer & cook until spinach is limp (about 3 min). Remove from heat, drain & set a side.
2a. If you use frozen spinach - Place frozen in a colander, run hot water over spinach until thawed. Drain & set a side.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt & baking powder. Stir in eggs, milk & butter. Mix in spinach, onion & mozzarella.
4. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated over 30-35 min, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool before serving. :wink:

Replies

• DanaCait
    DanaCait Posts: 17 Member
    Love this! I'm just starting low carb as well (I'm hoping it'll get me out of my slump!), so I don't have any recipes to share yet but just thought I'd reach out and let you know you aren't alone!