Question about Calorie Intake

Options
Please forgive me if this is a repeat post but if I want to lose 2 lbs a week I should eat 1200 calories a day, and if I want to lose the recommended 1 lb a week I should eat 1640 calories a day... Now i'm used to Weight Watchers where you get "weekly points" and I used to use those extra "points" on a weekend splurge... Could I vary my daily intake between 1200-1640 calories a day? Personally I would like to eat 1200 a day during the week and give myself a little extra cushion on the weekends with 1640 calories a day... Is that not recommended?

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds like a good idea, sometimes you need more calories for nutrition and to fuel your workouts.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    some take their daily calorie allowance and spend it for the week...eating more one day...less another. Why don't you take your 1600 and do that. If you don't lose...then decrease down. Why not eat more to lose if you can get away with it. Many people on here do.
  • MelissaM528
    MelissaM528 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing I could "technically" eat anywhere from 1200-1640 calories a day, depending on how fast (or slow) I want to lose weight, correct? So as long as I eat no less then 1200 and no more then 1640 I should be ok, right?
  • MelissaM528
    MelissaM528 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm used to Weight Watchers, and just switched to MFP to "shake things up" and save some money. On Weight Watchers I could use ALL of the points giving to me and still lose 2+ lbs a week so i'm thinking I can get away with 1640 and still lose 1-2 lbs a week easily but I guess we'll see. I just started today.
  • lilteeraw
    lilteeraw Posts: 261
    Options
    thats fine